The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,034 70.05%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 61 4.13%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 381 25.81%
Voters: 1476. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 July 2024, 10:27 PM   #5101
Poodlopogus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratka View Post
My personal opinion, and also after talking to the aforementioned master: I am almost certain that the actual number of people who claim under warranty is negligible, possibly those who write here are only 0.000001% of all owners. The service costs for Rolex? Negligibly small. Will they solve the problem? Most likely yes, but it's also possible that they will simply wave it off, and this tiny percentage (that is, us) will have to claim within the 5-year warranty period. So what? Some will fall under the 2-year post-service warranty. These are not expenses, they are crumbs on the table.

I believe that a new movement will be released taking into account the experience of the 32xx caliber, and I want to believe that our caliber will not be abandoned. Will it be possible to upgrade to the new caliber? I am sure not. I am confident that they will never bring this issue up for discussion.
I think you are 100% correct for a few reasons:

1. Regardless of what this thread has become about, an even smaller fraction of people measure the amplitude of their watches; it simply doesn't matter (which is why it's only an internal metric of performance, not an advertised one).

2. One must wear the watch, not keep it in a safe, to notice.

3. The watch must be worn regularly. Those who wear them sporadically or rotate watches frequently (w/o using a winder) will never experience enough time loss to notice.

4. The watch must remain un-reset over similarly long periods, so frequent travelers (not using a GMT function) are unlikely to experience enough time loss to notice.

5. One must use their watch for time-telling, vs. referring to their phone despite having said watch on their wrist, to notice.
Poodlopogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #5102
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I’m not really qualified to say, but looking at your pre v post amplitude values against rate I would guess this watch just had a regulation adjustment.

Not so fast !
After keeping +0.5s/d after the second tuning fir one week only, it lost 4s over a single night with the dial up!
Now losing 1s/d for the last three days.

Draw your own conclusions… but it will go back to RSC for the third time in 5 weeks.
Superlative Chronometer -bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #5103
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Wow lost a whole 4 seconds out of 86400 seconds in a day and in different positions all mechanical movements will slightly differ in accuracy to the exact second.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #5104
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Are we there yet?

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:20 AM   #5105
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Wow lost a whole 4 seconds out of 86400 seconds in a day and in different positions all mechanical movements will slightly differ in accuracy to the exact second.
I don’t think this thread is for you. This thread is for us to discuss the well known issues with the 32xx movement as well as logging and comparing data. We all know how many seconds are in a day. Thanks for your contribution
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #5106
Robbie68
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Just adding in a little data, not comprehensive by any means.
I have a 2024 Sub LV purchased June 15th. I’ve owned many Rolex and currently have a 16600 and 116600, never any issues. I was fully aware of the possible issues with the 32 movement but figured it was probably a small percentage and more than likely fixed by now.
Anyway, as follows:
0H DU amp 270 BE .02 s/d 0. 3U amp 212 BE 0.3 s/d -4. 9U amp 215 BE 0.3 s/d -3
36H DU 230 BE 0.2 s/d +1. 3U amp 178 BE 0.4 s/d -12. 9U amp 182 BE 0.8 s/d -14
I initially checked after putting the watch on my winder as after running about +1 on the wrist it dropped about 25 seconds in a handful of days. Timing was done on a Weishi 1900, 53 degrees 12 sec etc etc. I wasn’t able to do a 24 hr due to work.
Robbie68 is online now   Reply With Quote