The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,045 69.90%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.15%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 388 25.95%
Voters: 1495. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 September 2024, 01:46 AM   #5191
bigmcmuffins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Thank you. You are the first to present such a set of graphs; great and much appreciated your effort to visualise your data. Graphs are worth a 1000 words.
@saxo3 Thanks for your comments.

I updated the graph now with measurements all the way through 60 hours and the information you requested. Specs are looking alright for me, given what I've seen from the graphs of other watches (amplitude vs time) after 48 hours.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: png result1_09022024.png (248.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: png result2_09022024.png (236.1 KB, 184 views)
bigmcmuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 03:45 AM   #5192
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmcmuffins View Post
@saxo3 Thanks for your comments.

I updated the graph now with measurements all the way through 60 hours and the information you requested. Specs are looking alright for me, given what I've seen from the graphs of other watches (amplitude vs time) after 48 hours.

Cheers
Well done!
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 02:04 AM   #5193
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Some "Excellent Condition" modern Rolex watches from Dec 2020, May 2021, April 2023.

Doesn't mention the movement number?

Trusted Seller … can't go wrong.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #5194
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex1982 View Post
Hmm after 15 months of daily usage my watch also has the low amplitude sickness. I noticed that i needed to adjust the watch more often (i don’t like it when it runs more than 1 minute off) so i used the watch tracker app to track the watch. And it runs about -5s/d so i went to my AD which has is own certified Rolex watchmakers. He looked at my watch and checked it. And guess what, it runs slow and it has a low amplitude. They took it in for repairs. Because i knew of the existence of this topic i asked the watch maker if it was a ‘known issue’ and he confirmed that it was but they didn’t explain to me what they were going to do with it.

The watch is now 2,5 years old. I bought it unworn 15 months ago so i hope warranty applies. The AD thinks it does but they did say that they do repairs under a 1000 EUR without consulting me so i will hear it when i can pick it up again in about 6 weeks.

The sales rep who helped me was new and was very impressed by the meteorite dail. He said they never seen it in this location. This one gets allocated by the CEO at their headquarters. He showed it to all his colleagues there.
We are now 17 months further and it is time for an update. I got the watch back and it indeed was serviced under warranty. It is still running great in regards to timekeeping. It runs between -0.9spd and -1.1spd for the last 17 months. I still don’t have a timegrapher so I don’t have any measurements to share but I do use the watchtracker app and set 1 point a day to keep track of its timekeeping. I do this now for 2 years every day and since I’m a one watch guy for the last years it is nice to keep track of it’s performance.

A few months ago I went in to my AD (who is also an RSC) and talked to a sales rep about watches and I showed him a spec of dust under my crystal which got there after their service. It was very quiet in there so he walked to the lead watch maker and asked if he had time to talk to me. Very nice guy and we talked for half an hour and then he asked about the spec of dust. He looked and saw it and said he will remove it right now. I asked if I could join him to the back where he and another watch maker were working. It was fine and he showed me around. He also showed me all the equipment and how they worked on Rolex watches. He showed me my opened watch and movement. I was there for another hour and I asked him about the 32xx movements illness. He indeed confirmed to me that they had a lot 32xx movements with low amplitude come back. He also said that since beginning 2024 it became less. I asked if Rolex communicated anything to them about it and he said that they did not release an official statement about it but they sometimes just bring out new versions of some parts and that then fixes a problem. He could not tell me that it also was the case with the 32xx movements. He only wanted to say that it really is a movement with more warranty needs than older movements.

I know, it’s another “I heard from my AD” comment but I thought it could be nice to share.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #5195
Seo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We are now 17 months further and it is time for an update. I got the watch back and it indeed was serviced under warranty. It is still running great in regards to timekeeping. It runs between -0.9spd and -1.1spd for the last 17 months. I still don’t have a timegrapher so I don’t have any measurements to share but I do use the watchtracker app and set 1 point a day to keep track of its timekeeping. I do this now for 2 years every day and since I’m a one watch guy for the last years it is nice to keep track of it’s performance.

A few months ago I went in to my AD (who is also an RSC) and talked to a sales rep about watches and I showed him a spec of dust under my crystal which got there after their service. It was very quiet in there so he walked to the lead watch maker and asked if he had time to talk to me. Very nice guy and we talked for half an hour and then he asked about the spec of dust. He looked and saw it and said he will remove it right now. I asked if I could join him to the back where he and another watch maker were working. It was fine and he showed me around. He also showed me all the equipment and how they worked on Rolex watches. He showed me my opened watch and movement. I was there for another hour and I asked him about the 32xx movements illness. He indeed confirmed to me that they had a lot 32xx movements with low amplitude come back. He also said that since beginning 2024 it became less. I asked if Rolex communicated anything to them about it and he said that they did not release an official statement about it but they sometimes just bring out new versions of some parts and that then fixes a problem. He could not tell me that it also was the case with the 32xx movements. He only wanted to say that it really is a movement with more warranty needs than older movements.

I know, it’s another “I heard from my AD” comment but I thought it could be nice to share.
thank you for sharing, what you have said reflects what my cousin has heard from speaking to Aus RSC people.

is your current watch doing okay in terms of amp when RSC looked at it the other day when you were in?
Seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 AM   #5196
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seo View Post
thank you for sharing, what you have said reflects what my cousin has heard from speaking to Aus RSC people.

is your current watch doing okay in terms of amp when RSC looked at it the other day when you were in?
He put it brief on the timegrapher and it’s amplitude was little under 300. I think he said something in the 295 range but it’s some time ago. I do remember he said it wasn’t bad at all for a 32xx watch that was running for a full year non stop. He didn’t do a full test in all the positions because it kept time very well and I was there for the spec of dust and a small tour.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:42 AM   #5197
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We are now 17 months further and it is time for an update. I got the watch back and it indeed was serviced under warranty. It is still running great in regards to timekeeping. It runs between -0.9spd and -1.1spd for the last 17 months.
Thanks for the interesting update.
Quote:
He put it brief on the timegrapher and it’s amplitude was little under 300. I think he said something in the 295 range but it’s some time ago. I do remember he said it wasn’t bad at all for a 32xx watch that was running for a full year non stop.
Amplitudes in the range of 295°, measured in a horizontal position, are very high for a 3285 caliber. None of the 2024 watches presented in this thread has reached this value.

High amplitudes, either in dial up or dial down, are a good sign but don't allow a positive conclusion, also not the so often quoted "good timekeeping". The 3 vertical amplitudes, measured after full winding and 24 hours later, are the key figures for all 32xx watches.
Quote:
He didn’t do a full test in all the positions because it kept time very well …
This AD watchmaker's logic is nonsense for 32xx movements.