The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 July 2024, 02:09 PM   #121
Balance
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacoke View Post
How do a person get into the nomad program?my nearest AD is 400 miles away.
Be really rich and get a referral from someone else really rich.

It's the gross truth of it. Nomad has as many people trying to get into it as any random boutique. Especially since the "secret" has been out now for a few years.
Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 12:18 AM   #122
APhound
"TRF" Member

Starting to get pissed at AP.

I’m not a whale. Turn down a lot of stuff- whatever I don’t want. I have really nice APs but nothing crazy. No one introduced me. I was persistent and and got lucky.

But for as little as $299/ month you can join my Nomad Mentor Group where I train customers to get in with a nomad and score the watches of their dreams!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 12:44 AM   #123
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post

But for as little as $299/ month you can join my Nomad Mentor Group where I train customers to get in with a nomad and score the watches of their dreams!!!

J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 01:12 AM   #124
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m not a whale. Turn down a lot of stuff- whatever I don’t want. I have really nice APs but nothing crazy. No one introduced me. I was persistent and and got lucky.

Where can I sign up for the $299 a month! Bargain if you ask me!

lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 02:04 AM   #125
messikens
"TRF" Member

I'm in LOOL
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 03:00 AM   #126
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:

Good work hound! My ‘How to set up a Nomad Mentor Group for $2,999 a month’ course is starting to pay dividends for you - you only need to get 10 of these clowns, I mean good people, to sign up and then you’ve covered the cost of my course.

You may be my only pupil, but you’re definitely the best one
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 03:18 AM   #127
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Good work hound! My ‘How to set up a Nomad Mentor Group for $2,999 a month’ course is starting to pay dividends for you - you only need to get 10 of these clowns, I mean good people, to sign up and then you’ve covered the cost of my course.

You may be my only pupil, but you’re definitely the best one
Sold
watchman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 10:11 PM   #128
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Be really rich and get a referral from someone else really rich.

It's the gross truth of it. Nomad has as many people trying to get into it as any random boutique. Especially since the "secret" has been out now for a few years.
I am far from "really rich" and yes, was introduced through someone else but it somewhat saved my faith in AP. I did a post on here somewhere about my story to getting my 16202, which I eventually got through a Nomad.

Found it: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=907055
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 03:45 AM   #129
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
All jokes aside, can any of you refer me to nomad ? Ive been going to boutique about 8 visits whenever i can since dec 2022. I've been offered various of divers and offshores which I turned down because my wrist size.
Old 10 July 2024, 05:06 AM   #130
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon12

Quote:

Spooky!

I’ve recently started a similar group to your Nomad Mentor Group here in the Uk.

I have named it “AP window lickers group” and I am charging my members £299 (call it $299 adjusted for FX rates) a month so that they also can buy their new AP watch of their dreams with a minimum rolling monthly contact of 24 months but with an option to renew after that.

GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 10:39 AM   #131
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
All jokes aside, can any of you refer me to nomad ? Ive been going to boutique about 8 visits whenever i can since dec 2022. I've been offered various of divers and offshores which I turned down because my wrist size.

Have you bought anything AP in the past? I don’t believe it works just like someone refers you and you get what you want. In my instance, I was referred to someone at APNA who heard my story and connected me with a Nomad. I had buying history pre-boutique only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 02:24 PM   #132
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Have you bought anything AP in the past? I don’t believe it works just like someone refers you and you get what you want. In my instance, I was referred to someone at APNA who heard my story and connected me with a Nomad. I had buying history pre-boutique only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I haven't bought yet. Of course it won't be like free pickings . It's just a lot easier to do follow ups with emails and calls instead of planning a trip Everytime I need to see the SA.
Old 11 July 2024, 03:51 PM   #133
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I haven't bought yet. Of course it won't be like free pickings . It's just a lot easier to do follow ups with emails and calls instead of planning a trip Everytime I need to see the SA.
which socal boutique are you working with? when I was in SF, I had to fly down to la/oc too and it was definitely annoying. they should really consider a Palo Alto location
In-N-Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 04:29 PM   #134
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

The fact so many people have posted in here saying they were misled after 5 or even at figures of spend says a lot about how the policy at AP is to juice as much as possible out of people. If there was a real policy like “buy a code and become eligible for an RO” then that wouldn’t be so inconsistent.

At this point, someone has to be very gullible to fall for the bundling games though. It’s all well documented on this forum that buying something you don’t want will not guarantee an RO.

Just buy grey or buy from an honest and transparent independent like Gauthier, Voutilainen, Armin Strom etc
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 06:10 PM   #135
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
which socal boutique are you working with? when I was in SF, I had to fly down to la/oc too and it was definitely annoying. they should really consider a Palo Alto location

I'm looking to get 15550 or 15510 grey dial to start the journey. I know this don't really happen. If it did it's rare for a 1st allocation to be an RO these days. Due to smaller wrist offshore really wears uncomfortable with huge gaps under the lugs on each side. I'm really not considering codes it's a nice design but they just don't speak to me.
I was working with south coast then, made really good connection with that SA had 2 hours plus conversions Everytime I went. Until one day I thought I was ghosted after sending a couple texts and email with no response for spand of 3 to 4 months but unknowingly the SA was let go along with the whole staff. So I almost gave up on the boutique route. Then another SA reached out explained everything a couple months after that. Visited him(new SA at south coast) for several times through the last year and made an ok connection with him but he said it'd take time gave me the normal " most we get are offshores and code these days" . Last visit was with the AP house in LA in April of this year. The SA was not a watch guy. Dispite we chatted for an hour. There was very little connection, his customer service was over the top. During my visit we mentioned wanted to switch the profile over due to the LA house is a more convenient location for me to visit from bay area, so he initiated the switch. I left the house somewhat disappointed thinking it might be a mistake switching over. Since then we exchanged couple of emails. I let him know in the emails that im expecting some big life events this and next year. He suggusted I consider to get offshore and codes. This is were I stand with my visits. Everytime its just a chore to plan a trip and make almost a day afford to visit AP which I don't mind when I'm talking with another watch guy to chat. We just don't always get what we want.
Old 11 July 2024, 07:01 PM   #136
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm looking to get 15550 or 15510 grey dial to start the journey. I know this don't really happen. If it did it's rare for a 1st allocation to be an RO these days. Due to smaller wrist offshore really wears uncomfortable with huge gaps under the lugs on each side. I'm really not considering codes it's a nice design but they just don't speak to me.
I was working with south coast then, made really good connection with that SA had 2 hours plus conversions Everytime I went. Until one day I thought I was ghosted after sending a couple texts and email with no response for spand of 3 to 4 months but unknowingly the SA was let go along with the whole staff. So I almost gave up on the boutique route. Then another SA reached out explained everything a couple months after that. Visited him(new SA at south coast) for several times through the last year and made an ok connection with him but he said it'd take time gave me the normal " most we get are offshores and code these days" . Last visit was with the AP house in LA in April of this year. The SA was not a watch guy. Dispite we chatted for an hour. There was literally ZERO connection, his customer service was over the top. Stupidity during my visit we mentioned wanted to switch the profile over due to the LA house is a more convenient location for me to visit from bay area, so he initiated the switch. I left the house disappointed knowing I probably won't get anything from him at all. Since then we exchanged 2 emails. I let him know in the emails that im expecting my 1st child and also breaking ground for a new construction project for my business. His response was to pushed me to get offshore and codes. This is were I stand with my visits. Everytime its just a chore to plan a trip and make almost a day afford to visit AP which I don't mind when I'm talking with another watch guy to chat. But we just don't always get what we want.
I started with SCP in 2021 too and luckily ended up with the only SA that didn’t get fired. It’s much different now and there are some PP veterans working at SCP who have turned the ship around for the most part. Anyway, best advice I can give is to try and connect with a single SA in a single location and develop the relationship that way. I chose SCP back then versus BH bc I just wanted to save the 1.75% on sales tax. Figured that would cover the round trip SFO-SNA flight. My old SA was fairly young so it was easy to connect with him. He, along with my current SA, frequently left/leave me on read so I wouldn’t overthink that part. They talk to dozens of people a day so I understand if they don’t want to small talk with me all the time…

In terms of pushing the ROO and Code, it’s true AP follows the luxury industry norm on that front. Rolex pushes DJ and TT models, PP pushes calatrava, Hermes pushes scarves, Ferrari pushes [insert starter car here since I’m too poor to know anything about cars], etc etc. While it’s annoying as a client to have to build up purchase history to get the desirable models across all these brands, we all have to be honest with ourselves here and admit that the exclusivity aspect is part of the appeal in the first place. We all want what’s hard to get. Anyway, im not trying to defend AP nor am I defending the entire luxury industry, but since this is an AP bashing thread, I just wanted to point out that it’s not just AP.

It’s super unfortunate ROO and Code are both extremely large. They are otherwise really great options for wrists that can support them. I wish I had other practical advice, but only advice is to:

1) wait it out. There may be a day where demand for ROs drop below supply and are readily available. I hope this day doesn’t actually come bc it might mean stock, RE, crypto markets probably tanked. Realistically, I think there will be a “shortish” wait of 4-6 months for a non blue RO within the next 2 years. Perhaps it will be a shorter wait or a blue/green dial if you buy a Roo or code first. But I think the days of buying multiple watches to get a basic 37 or 41 will soon be over. I would have said those days would be 2025, but since it’s 150th next year, I’m guessing 2026 to be the year where you can “easily” get a RO as a first piece with only a few months wait. I have no data to back this claim, just making things up. Also, Silver lining to waiting is your cash is making 5.5% risk free right now and probably 20% in SPY anyway.
2) stick to one SA/location as mentioned above.
3) don’t buy anything you don’t actually love
4) move out of that warzone area
In-N-Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 10:02 PM   #137
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was working with south coast then, made really good connection with that SA had 2 hours plus conversions Everytime I went. Until one day I thought I was ghosted after sending a couple texts and email with no response for spand of 3 to 4 months but unknowingly the SA was let go along with the whole staff. So I almost gave up on the boutique route. Then another SA reached out explained everything a couple months after that. Visited him(new SA at south coast) for several times through the last year and made an ok connection with him but he said it'd take time gave me the normal " most we get are offshores and code these days" . Last visit was with the AP house in LA in April of this year. The SA was not a watch guy. Dispite we chatted for an hour. There was very little connection, his customer service was over the top. During my visit we mentioned wanted to switch the profile over due to the LA house is a more convenient location for me to visit from bay area, so he initiated the switch. I left the house somewhat disappointed thinking it might be a mistake switching over. Since then we exchanged couple of emails. I let him know in the emails that im expecting some big life events this and next year. He suggusted I consider to get offshore and codes. This is were I stand with my visits. Everytime its just a chore to plan a trip and make almost a day afford to visit AP which I don't mind when I'm talking with another watch guy to chat. We just don't always get what we want.

That sounds like way too much work for that watch. What’s holding you back from just buying it somewhere?

Old 12 July 2024, 01:37 AM   #138
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
I started with SCP in 2021 too and luckily ended up with the only SA that didn’t get fired. It’s much different now and there are some PP veterans working at SCP who have turned the ship around for the most part. Anyway, best advice I can give is to try and connect with a single SA in a single location and develop the relationship that way. I chose SCP back then versus BH bc I just wanted to save the 1.75% on sales tax. Figured that would cover the round trip SFO-SNA flight. My old SA was fairly young so it was easy to connect with him. He, along with my current SA, frequently left/leave me on read so I wouldn’t overthink that part. They talk to dozens of people a day so I understand if they don’t want to small talk with me all the time…

In terms of pushing the ROO and Code, it’s true AP follows the luxury industry norm on that front. Rolex pushes DJ and TT models, PP pushes calatrava, Hermes pushes scarves, Ferrari pushes [insert starter car here since I’m too poor to know anything about cars], etc etc. While it’s annoying as a client to have to build up purchase history to get the desirable models across all these brands, we all have to be honest with ourselves here and admit that the exclusivity aspect is part of the appeal in the first place. We all want what’s hard to get. Anyway, im not trying to defend AP nor am I defending the entire luxury industry, but since this is an AP bashing thread, I just wanted to point out that it’s not just AP.

It’s super unfortunate ROO and Code are both extremely large. They are otherwise really great options for wrists that can support them. I wish I had other practical advice, but only advice is to:

1) wait it out. There may be a day where demand for ROs drop below supply and are readily available. I hope this day doesn’t actually come bc it might mean stock, RE, crypto markets probably tanked. Realistically, I think there will be a “shortish” wait of 4-6 months for a non blue RO within the next 2 years. Perhaps it will be a shorter wait or a blue/green dial if you buy a Roo or code first. But I think the days of buying multiple watches to get a basic 37 or 41 will soon be over. I would have said those days would be 2025, but since it’s 150th next year, I’m guessing 2026 to be the year where you can “easily” get a RO as a first piece with only a few months wait. I have no data to back this claim, just making things up. Also, Silver lining to waiting is your cash is making 5.5% risk free right now and probably 20% in SPY anyway.
2) stick to one SA/location as mentioned above.
3) don’t buy anything you don’t actually love
4) move out of that warzone area

Thanks for the pointers. My exact thoughts and plan to just wait it out. Sticking with 1 SA of course and always. Also never ever I would buy anything I don't want just because someone suggest to do so. I'm not bashing AP for doing this, I salute them to stick to their policy . At least they are giving people a chance after seeing some of these incomings unlike some these other luxury brands where bundling is a must not an option. My wife stopped going to herme because it's not a fun purchasing experience anymore, it's like a metal gymnastics Everytime trying to figure out which ones to bundle to get what quota bag. Luckily my Rolex SA is not like that and they don't have jewelry. Asking about nomad just me trying different angles to get to where I want.
I wanted to switch over the the AP house because I saw a few people here talking about not long after they switched over they ended up getting their allocation as seem like the AP houses get more pieces. Maybe it was a silly idea switching over. But I told my new guy at AP house with time mountains can be moved.

We can all hope it's gonna get easier. I think worrying about a watch I can't get is kind of a good problem to have. Money in the bank or investment profilio is just chilling.

Quote:
That sounds like way too much work for that watch. What’s holding you back from just buying it somewhere?

There are 3 discountinied AP moldels I want from grey. But 2 of them are so rare I'm waiting for 1 to pop up for sale to buy. As for the boutique route I'm not really just after the RO. I wanted to work my way up . there are pieces that I want are hard to get double retail price even from grey.
Old 12 July 2024, 06:48 AM   #139
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Gonna ask this and my get flamed for it, but asking anyhow.

I think I'm blacklisted by AP but not sure. I had two pieces I sold because I truly no longer liked them one after a year and one after 9 months. One was a basic PM code and one was a diamond bezel offshore. Representing ~$200k of spend closer to $300k+ in aggregate purchase history. Sold them at a gigantic loss because they sat in my safe unworn. My third allocation was a Rose Gold Blue Dial Royal Oak. I haven't sold that, and no intention to. I also have a few other APs I bought gray market.

About a month after I got rid of them my SA messaged me on IG asking if I sold them to which I said yes and explained the above. I didn't hear anything else but they did reach out a few months later and wish me happy birthday lol.

Question being - am I blacklisted? I figured I'd give it a year or so and hit my SA up again and say I'd like to still buy watches from you guys and offer to buy a concept or a complicated code or something that I actually like and would keep but I wonder if that is all even worth it.

Any advice would be welcome. This is an SA I switched to after the first one wasn't great and that's where I got my first 3 pieces from, and that was admittedly probably not a smart thing to do with a new SA but I did it. Just have a hard time believing it's a full blown lifetime ban for this - hoping I can buy more after a little cooldown period. They've been difficult to deal with...but I just like the damn watches so much.

Any thoughts or has anyone ever been in similar situation?
Old 12 July 2024, 07:36 AM   #140
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman124 View Post

I think I'm blacklisted by AP but not sure. I had two pieces I sold because I truly no longer liked them one after a year and one after 9 months. One was a basic PM code and one was a diamond bezel offshore. Representing ~$200k of spend closer to $300k+ in aggregate purchase history. Sold them at a gigantic loss because they sat in my unsafe unworn. My third allocation was a Rose Gold Blue Dial Royal Oak. I haven't sold that, and no intention to. I also have a few other APs I bought gray market.

About a month after I got rid of them my SA messaged me on IG asking if I sold them to which I said yes and explained the above. I didn't hear anything else but they did reach out a few months later and wish me happy birthday lol.

Question being - am I blacklisted? I figured I'd give it a year or so and hit my SA up again and say I'd like to still buy watches from you guys and offer to buy a concept or a complicated code or something that I actually like and would keep but I wonder if that is all even worth it.

Any advice would be welcome. This is an SA I switched to after the first one wasn't great and that's where I got my first 3 pieces from, and that was admittedly probably not a smart thing to do with a new SA but I did it. Just have a hard time believing it's a full blown lifetime ban for this - hoping I can buy more after a little cooldown period. They've been difficult to deal with...but I just like the damn watches so much.

I bet they would be happy to sell you watches.

Old 12 July 2024, 08:33 AM   #141
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think I'm blacklisted by AP but not sure. I had two pieces I sold because I truly no longer liked them one after a year and one after 9 months. One was a basic PM code and one was a diamond bezel offshore. Representing ~$200k of spend closer to $300k+ in aggregate purchase history. Sold them at a gigantic loss because they sat in my safe unworn. My third allocation was a Rose Gold Blue Dial Royal Oak. I haven't sold that, and no intention to. I also have a few other APs I bought gray market.

If you have 200-300k to spend on two watches (basically a PM and/or a QP) you've done better in life than 99.9% of the population.

I'd suggest you grow a pair and have an adult conversation with your SA on where you stand.... These are sales folks not bouncers at your teenage bop
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 08:36 AM   #142
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
If you have 200-300k to spend on two watches (basically a PM and/or a QP) you've done better in life than 99.9% of the population.

I'd suggest you grow a pair and have an adult conversation with your SA on where you stand.... These are sales folks not bouncers at your teenage bop

Thanks. I’ve done okay in life by gathering all the relevant information and inputs before having nuanced conversations. That’s what this is. But I agree, that is the next step.

I’m also not in a rush to buy anything at this exact moment, but when I’m ready to buy, was going to do exactly this.

Old 12 July 2024, 08:52 AM   #143
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nobody knows for sure what AP's stand is. And they definitely won't tell you upfront you're ban or not. They won't even hint. But since you like their watches still, just have a try to reconnect and show interest.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:27 PM   #144
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
Nobody knows for sure what AP's stand is. And they definitely won't tell you upfront you're ban or not. They won't even hint. But since you like their watches still, just have a try to reconnect and show interest.
At the end of the day.. it just depends on the AD, managers, and SAs at each location. You can clearly see that new hyped up models come out, and within an hour (not literally) some grey market place has them for sale with photos in hand. There are 1000% ADs that know their customers flip and probably take money on the side to allow it. While there are also some ADs that look out for that and only want true collectors owning the pieces. However, my bet is that there are more crooked ADs than not.. at the end of the day, $$ talks and can sway most.
PAFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 07:18 AM   #145
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFG View Post
At the end of the day.. it just depends on the AD, managers, and SAs at each location. You can clearly see that new hyped up models come out, and within an hour (not literally) some grey market place has them for sale with photos in hand. There are 1000% ADs that know their customers flip and probably take money on the side to allow it. While there are also some ADs that look out for that and only want true collectors owning the pieces. However, my bet is that there are more crooked ADs than not.. at the end of the day, $$ talks and can sway most.

There is almost no AD for AP. 99% of boutique and houses owned by AP directly . Maybe individual rouge sales associate is doing what you are describing. Selling to resellers is definitely not a boutique thing
Old 13 July 2024, 11:44 AM   #146
Balance
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is almost no AD for AP. 99% of boutique and houses owned by AP directly . Maybe individual rouge sales associate is doing what you are describing. Selling to resellers is definitely not a boutique thing
There are still quite a few "JV Boutiques" which are part owned by AP and part by the original AD. These are the worst culprits for bundling.
Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 12:16 PM   #147
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I meant the boutiques, my mistake - not ADs.. to used to Rolex haha.
PAFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #148
PandaCansado
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm also in the Bay Area and chose SCP. Met my SA the first time and he had a fairly specific timeline for some RO & ROO pieces for me which led me to be hopeful. A few weeks later I get an email saying that he is leaving and I was transferring to a different SA. Given that it isn't the easiest to go drop by and meet the new person, I tried emailing multiple times and even calling the boutique to talk to the new person. Total crickets and nothing.

I was in Rome in Feb and stopped by the shop there. Told them how my current boutique was ghosting me, they were friendly, and they had one of the ROO pieces I wanted. Right as they were about to sell it to me, they did a total 180 and got hostile saying I needed to keep working with SCP, even though they don't even return my calls or emails. I had to walk out with my wife as I was being yelled at by a rude SA in Rome. At this point I felt like I had to beg to spend money and was off put, so I reached out to AP HQ and told them about how I was disappointed in bot SCP and Rome locations and gave the reasons why.

After a few months I had the manager of SCP reply to one of the emails I sent HQ, they just forwarded it to her. She tried to tell me that my new SA has been calling me and getting no reply. I took a screenshot of the phone logs and said that wasn't the case. The same day my newSA finally calls me, and we speak for the first time. Her tone is totally different than my first SA, saying how I gotta buy a Code or "less popular" ROO, cause the 10 or so Offshores I liked were "popular". It was terrible.

Since then I've tried to reach out and keep the contact going but my SA ignores my texts, or replies weeks later and she has clearly forgot any of the details of our conversation. Last time you could tell she looked me up in the CMS and she said "I hope you had a lovely time visiting our boutique in Rome", so I know they're just blowing smoke.

Either way, SCP has not been a good experience for me. I had a decent collection of other pieces and this is just pushing me to buy other pieces, not stay on the hamster wheel and keep being treated like I am not valued.
PandaCansado is offline   Reply With Quote