The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 September 2024, 03:51 PM   #271
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
Quick update on my earlier post about the next step in collecting independents. I spent the weekend in Geneva - my first visit of the city and my first time at Geneva Watch Days. I enjoyed it tremendously. I saw a couple impressive watches, met great people and loved the conversations about watches and the industry in general. So I went from Laurent Ferrier to Fleming to Moser to Simon Brette. Simon was so kind to spend an hour chatting to me about his brand, upcoming releases and the difficulty of allocating his very limited pieces to the right collectors. He even let me try on his personal souscription piece - needless to say it is an amazing watch, and I believe I have an opportunity to explore getting on the list for an allocation of the upcoming steel release. Now, this would be a watch to cap off my collection and would require consolidation of a couple of other pieces. In fairness, I would have to stretch my budget considerably to make it happen. The independent collector community here in the Netherlands is fairly small and I would appreciate hearing from others with experience working with Simon. Absolutely fine to exchange PMs if that’s preferable.
Which dial color are you planning to get?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 01:13 AM   #272
Ross E.!
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 + 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Which dial color are you planning to get?
What are the dial options?

I'm scheduled for the titanium model in 2027 and will stick with that but I'm curious re: new dial options/colors on the steel model.
Ross E.! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 01:31 AM   #273
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross E.! View Post
What are the dial options?

I'm scheduled for the titanium model in 2027 and will stick with that but I'm curious re: new dial options/colors on the steel model.

My information is from a few months ago. Simon told me that there will be two dial color choices for the steel edition. (Blue and purple, but it’s been so long that I cannot be sure as I was not interested in the steel edition) But it is best to find out from him.

The dial on the titanium version is probably as good as it gets. You definitely should stick with it or add a steel.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 03:07 AM   #274
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
If you don’t mind me asking what’s the retail
Price of the steel Simon Brette piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was told 75k CHF
ChetBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 04:55 AM   #275
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was told 75k CHF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 05:02 AM   #276
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
I was told 75k CHF
That’s a very fair price. Appreciate the info.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 05:04 AM   #277
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
My information is from a few months ago. Simon told me that there will be two dial color choices for the steel edition. (Blue and purple, but it’s been so long that I cannot be sure as I was not interested in the steel edition) But it is best to find out from him.

The dial on the titanium version is probably as good as it gets. You definitely should stick with it or add a steel.
A purple dial!!!!!!! Me want lol.
Old 4 September 2024, 05:16 AM   #278
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
That’s a very fair price. Appreciate the info.
I do not disagree but let’s not forget that is ex vat (in most EU countries between 20-25%) and the CHF/EU exchange rate is at around 1:1.05. So when all is said and done it is still 95k Euro and 105k USD for a time only watch.
ChetBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 05:19 AM   #279
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I do not disagree but let’s not forget that is ex vat (in most EU countries between 20-25%) and the CHF/EU exchange rate is at around 1:1.05. So when all is said and done it is still 95k Euro and 105k USD for a time only watch.
That’s a very good point and something I didn’t even think about. Plus it’s easy to say “not bad” when the money isn’t spent. I still think it’s a pretty fair asking price considering the hype around the brand and the limited availability. But yea that’s definitely a lot of money.