The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 07:17 PM   #1
itsrdv
"TRF" Member

Rolex Day-Date with Linen dial and Catalan day disc

Dear forum,

I would like to bring you today a quite special pice I have been offered recently.

It is a 36mm Rolex Day-Date in yellow gold with its presidential bracelet. It has a beautiful linen dial and a Catalan day of the week disc.

It has been offered to me by the daughter of the original owner here in Barcelona.

I am not able to identify the reference number and the year but it looks like it could be from the 70s or early 80s. It doesn't have the hidden clasp and it has a plexiglass crystal.

I have noticed that Catalan day-dates are harder to find in this condition; bracelet, dial, hands and case look very nice. But I have one doubt regarding the bezel before deciding the purchase. I always thought that smooth bezels for Day-Dates were exclusively made for Platinum versions in order to differentiate them between the White Gold ones. This one being a yellow gold case day-date it makes me doubt if it could be a possibility.

Your advice would be much appreciate it

Thank you in advance for your help

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
itsrdv is offline   Reply With Quote