The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 September 2024, 11:04 PM   #31
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126515LN (sundust)
Number 2
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 11:09 PM   #32
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Not a decision I'd like to have to make! I don' think I could part with either a BLRO or the LV, both desireable watches.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 11:21 PM   #33
Mick006
"TRF" Member

As much as I like the Pepsi, I wouldn’t give up a hulk. You may be able to get a Pepsi at an AD in the future as things soften. But you will never get hulk at an AD again.

So, although it hurts, trade the Pepsi.
Old 15 September 2024, 11:29 PM   #34
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Option 2 if one has to go for it.
Old 16 September 2024, 12:35 AM   #35
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
In these type situations, I like to take a minute and think about the roles each of the resulting losing- and gaining- watches play in not only the collection, but your overall lifestyle...and then if the bang for the buck is there to justify it.

In this case, I wouldn't do option 1 unless I absolutely hated the Lvc, and was definitely done with it, never to wear again. Option 2 might make more sense on paper, but there's more to it than what's on paper.

Option 3 is a total no go. Money-wise, I think it's an all-around loser-without even knowing how much cash you'd have to part with. But that's not the worst part. You're trading the versatility and wearability of two highly coveted sports models for one PM piece, which, while a real beauty, I don't feel gives you the bang for the buck. (IMO)

A side note. As you are treating yourself to a PM watch on a milestone birthday, then treat yourself. Don't try to mitigate the damage (lol)...that just never works out the way you think it will. Good luck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
Then wait until you have the money to buy it.
Agree with the above. Although the Pepsi and Rootbeer are both GMT models, they are vastly different. Going by your posts, you want a PM watch for a milestone but you don't have the cash to do it. Trading two of the most desirable watches on the market just so you can have a PM watch that isn't that desirable makes no sense to me. In the end, you will most likely regret it as many others have as well that have followed your suggested path.

As a side note, if you are not interested in a Day Date as you state you are into sport watches I would look towards a PM Daytona on OF. However, if you really lust over the Rootbeer then so be it. But find another path forward other than getting rid of these two classics.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 03:22 AM   #36
carrollp
"TRF" Member

Thanks all, lots of valuable perspectives here, I’ve actually tried on the full gold rootbeer in the past and really liked it, plan to try a preowned on again later this week.

Re the suggestion of a PM Daytona on OF, funny that was mentioned as that’s also another very strong contender having tried a RG variant at my local AD some time ago, was actually offered one and past on it as the timing wasn’t right but the my AD said he could get me another one when time is right, so that could well be an option and I’ve registered my interest for one (along with a stainless steel version) for my 50th anyway.

First world problems I know but good ones to have nonetheless ☺️
carrollp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 03:52 AM   #37
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn't do it, but if you do, I would go option 3 with NO CASH
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 04:42 AM   #38
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
None,
Save $$$, add CHNR later, when found is sufficient
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 06:27 AM   #39
Kingcobb
"TRF" Member

Ultimately it's your call but no way would I trade that Hulk.

Point of consideration I am not a GMT fan.
Kingcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM   #40
RCorsa
"TRF" Member

Yeah I thought I really wanted a full rose Rootbeer - until I tried it on. It was pretty meh in person. I bought the new yellow gold black and grey dial GMT on jubilee and it’s spectacular. I also have a BLRO which is more of a daily and the new LV sub which I prefer to the max case of the “hulk”.
RCorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #41
CHJason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCorsa View Post
Yeah I thought I really wanted a full rose Rootbeer - until I tried it on. It was pretty meh in person. I bought the new yellow gold black and grey dial GMT on jubilee and it’s spectacular. I also have a BLRO which is more of a daily and the new LV sub which I prefer to the max case of the “hulk”.
To each his own but I think this is the most stunning reference Rolex makes. All gold so striking but not in your face and a two tone bezel but one that blends in with most clothing choices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg render.E2DF0005-1EE8-4D61-AA8E-3367BD0EBEAD.jpeg (200.9 KB, 57 views)
CHJason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM   #42
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Guess I'm on my own here but I'd never give up my BLRO so I'd do option 1. I prefer the GMT to the Sub.
Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM   #43
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
I would never trade my BLRO for any other GMT. Would consider adding one, but never giving one up.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #44
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollp View Post
Thanks all, lots of valuable perspectives here, I’ve actually tried on the full gold rootbeer in the past and really liked it, plan to try a preowned on again later this week.

Re the suggestion of a PM Daytona on OF, funny that was mentioned as that’s also another very strong contender having tried a RG variant at my local AD some time ago, was actually offered one and past on it as the timing wasn’t right but the my AD said he could get me another one when time is right, so that could well be an option and I’ve registered my interest for one (along with a stainless steel version) for my 50th anyway.

First world problems I know but good ones to have nonetheless ☺️
My RG Daytona on OF. It's a stunning watch. And to me, looks better than the Rootbeer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6140.1.jpg (247.6 KB, 36 views)
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote