The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2024, 03:38 PM   #61
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabazja View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the 11 series hour markers are ugly? Since the 12 series it’s bothering me even more than before.
The 11 Series markers are one of my favorite quirks...they are so different then any hour markers on my other watches...I call them funky not ugly :-), however a lot of people agree with you...I just think they made the 12 series ones too thin and sharp edged, should have used slightly softer edges....in my opinion.
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 03:48 PM   #62
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
Buy what you like, don’t buy what you don’t like. Relatively simple concept. No rational explanation for which design is superior. A number of people here don’t like any version of the Daytona. I enjoy a number of different versions and don’t concern myself with other opinions that most likely are valid.
agreed!
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 12:04 AM   #63
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsub71 View Post
All the polls were rigged, on Instagram, in international forums, and this one too. The reason is simple, the website owners thought that by doing so, they could be considered positively by the big brands. For those who remember, the old 116500 was ahead in this race, but it was disturbing those who already had something else in mind. They could not erase the negative comments of the many fans disappointed by the dials of the new Daytonas, but they modified the survey. There is no denying the evidence. Who like me has noticed this manipulation of numbers? Shameful
lol. The truth hurts, especially if you live in a disillusioned world. No one can convince you even if the facts are there infront of you.
Greg.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 12:06 AM   #64
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
No, they are hideous. If it wasn't for the markers I'd prefer 11 series over 12 series.
Yea, that is also one of the reason why 12 series is nicer
Greg.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 01:17 AM   #65
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.A View Post
lol. The truth hurts, especially if you live in a disillusioned world. No one can convince you even if the facts are there infront of you.
Redsub71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 04:19 AM   #66
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy11 View Post
Why I decided on the 126500 White:

- I never saw the value of the 116500's over the 116520's as there is so little change beween the two... Black dial is essentially just a Bezel swap, the White dial obviously has Black chapter rings and a Bezel change.
This is actually a really good point that I have often pondered myself. I am a big fan of the 116500, but the difference between the 116520 and the 116500 is basically just the bezel. In that way, it was kind of a lazy release compared to the 126500 which was a new case, new movement, metal ring around the bezel, new (or old, depending how you look at it) hour markers. Much larger jump compared to the 116520 to 116500, yet there was much more hype around the 116500. It must be due to the big change in looks, going from steel to ceramic, whereas the changes to the 126500 are not that recognizable, unless you know what to look for.
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2024, 10:14 AM   #67
MY-WATCH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsub71 View Post
confirm my thought, everyone prefers the discontinued 116500 white.
👆
MY-WATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2024, 03:37 PM   #68
archershot23
Banned

116 white and 126 black IS THE ULTIMATE WINNER/COMBO. ILL DIE ON THIS HILL, FIGHT ME
archershot23 is offline   Reply With Quote