The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old Today, 01:15 AM   #61
Gamut
"TRF" Member

If the Cubitus happens to sell well eventually, I suppose we are now in the process of providing future watch journalists and historians with a glorifying story that "the design of the Cubitus was so avant-garde and blasphemous at the time of its first release that it was beyond the understanding of the vast majority of age-old conservative fans of the brand, who were infuriated at the first sight of its press image. Mr. Stern recalls "Yeah, we knew very well we would be bashed, but at our family owned company, it is a risk not to take risks...""
Gamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #62
robertengel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamut View Post
If the Cubitus happens to sell well eventually, I suppose we are now in the process of providing future watch journalists and historians with a glorifying story that "the design of the Cubitus was so avant-garde and blasphemous at the time of its first release that it was beyond the understanding of the vast majority of age-old conservative fans of the brand, who were infuriated at the first sight of its press image. Mr. Stern recalls "Yeah, we knew very well we would be bashed, but at our family owned company, it is a risk not to take risks...""
HAHA that did make me laugh, what is even more funny is how a lot of people will end up standing in line for it. Granted I may be one of them if I see it in person, maybe some other variants will look much better. But as it stands, design aside, I would question its reason for being. Could they not have strapped a "jeans" strap to an aquanaut and called it a day?
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote