The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 August 2024, 11:13 PM   #31
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandy View Post
Wow 2 weeks only and Rolex bought his watch back? This is scary; now ADs are going to be selling for a premium and call it a CPO.
In my country the AD who is about to start the CPO said that he is only allowed to by watches that are 3 years old or older.

Read his post again. That is not what he said. The seller owned the CPO watch for just 2 weeks, then sold it on. All CPO watches are at least 3 years old.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2024, 11:46 PM   #32
fishingbear

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
As before mentioned, pricing is well above market.
After some experiences in ADs doing CPO program in large cities: my opinion is they are marketing to a buyer that is not aware of the market.
Targeting a buyer with funds, wants a watch and is uneducated on the values.

GMT II 126719 Meteorite + GMT II 126710BLRO + Daytona 116500LN (White) + Submariner 16610LV + Explorer II 16570 Polar
+ Submariner 116610LV + GMT II 16713 Rootbeer + Sky-Dweller 336934 (Blue) + GMT II 16710 (Pepsi & Coke) + Sea-Dweller 116600

Breitling Premier B25 Datora

2FA Security Active
fishingbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 06:20 AM   #33
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
Both appear to be short one link, currently available on eBay for $125-ish but I don’t need them. I’m no expert but if I were to give any advice regarding CPO I’d say don’t buy hype and google prices from trusted sellers to make sure you’re in the ballpark.
Good to know!
Yeah, I am comparing CPO at the AD and the secondary watch sellers for a discontinued watch that is not hyped up.
It is peace of mind that CPO will have a two year warranty with the watch.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 07:21 AM   #34
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post
Good to know!
Yeah, I am comparing CPO at the AD and the secondary watch sellers for a discontinued watch that is not hyped up.

Your reasons for going CPO are valid, and the reason that the program exists. Peace of mind is worth the added cost to a lot of buyers. No worries about its condition, and a two year warranty. There is also the security of knowing its provenance has been checked by Rolex.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 08:11 AM   #35
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Your reasons for going CPO are valid, and the reason that the program exists. Peace of mind is worth the added cost to a lot of buyers. No worries about its condition, and a two year warranty. There is also the security of knowing its provenance has been checked by Rolex.

Kat

That’s it Kat. It’s really relevant to me on vintage pieces. That’s why I bought one from Rolex CPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 08:37 AM   #36
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post
Good to know!
It can be a very smart move. It just takes a savvy buyer to consider all options and not immediately limit themselves due to willful ignorance.

Some folks are penny-wise, pound-foolish and bottom feed as well.
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 09:38 AM   #37
Sipper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Outlier here, I’ve had two good experiences with CPO. Having never seen one I went looking for an SD4K 116600 and didn’t find one but instead found a DSSD 116660 which I loved and brought home. It was $500 less than three trusted sellers I priced it against. Six months later I still wanted an SD4K so I went looking and found one priced towards the high end of what was available at the time. Both clean, barely polished if polished at all, no original box or papers but with CPO box, pouch and warranty card, both mind-numbingly accurate and both keepers. Haters can pile on if they want, I walked in and out with what I wanted for a price that I considered fair in the marketplace that I was shopping. I’ve said from the beginning that CPO can be good for those hunting in the back catalogue and it has proven to be for me.
Lately I’ve compared dozens of 5 digit CPO watches from numerous ADs vs trusted sellers’ offerings. I’ve found that CPO prices are in line with what Kevin describes above. A good quality trusted seller watch will be within $500 of a CPO offering. Difference is that the CPO gives peace of mind and has been recently serviced at RSC with a fresh warranty.
Sipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 10:31 AM   #38
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Outlier here, I’ve had two good experiences with CPO. Having never seen one I went looking for an SD4K 116600 and didn’t find one but instead found a DSSD 116660 which I loved and brought home. It was $500 less than three trusted sellers I priced it against. Six months later I still wanted an SD4K so I went looking and found one priced towards the high end of what was available at the time. Both clean, barely polished if polished at all, no original box or papers but with CPO box, pouch and warranty card, both mind-numbingly accurate and both keepers. Haters can pile on if they want, I walked in and out with what I wanted for a price that I considered fair in the marketplace that I was shopping. I’ve said from the beginning that CPO can be good for those hunting in the back catalogue and it has proven to be for me.
Same situation with me, CPO has been a fantastic experience when you’re looking for discounted watches. They out compete grays and I absolutely love the Rolex certified preowned packaging as well. Program makes sense. Not all ADs have the same level of quality stock, but the one I work with, their stock is top notch. In most cases, unworn or safe queens. Shop smart.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 04:25 PM   #39
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohada View Post
This...

...this...

...and this.

The ones I've seen have had pretty much nothing done to them. I guess they are opened to confirm authenticity. I'm guessing here. I don't know if they are polished or not and, if so, who polishes them.
the ones I've seen have either been over polished or in bad condition to begin with. all are definitely polished. I only concentrated on checking out new vintage ones though go may be a bad reference point. Rolex CPO is definitely polished
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2024, 04:27 PM   #40
928ktgold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandy View Post
Wow 2 weeks only and Rolex bought his watch back? This is scary; now ADs are going to be selling for a premium and call it a CPO.
In my country the AD who is about to start the CPO said that he is only allowed to by watches that are 3 years old or older.
He keeps saying its CPO, but doesn't say what model and what possible year the watch is. It's confusing. CPO has to be greater than 3 years old.
Old 29 August 2024, 04:32 PM   #41
928ktgold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Read his post again. That is not what he said. The seller owned the CPO watch for just 2 weeks, then sold it on. All CPO watches are at least 3 years old.

Kat

oh got it thanks
Old 30 August 2024, 01:36 PM   #42
Whitnail
"TRF" Member

Curious, has anyone traded in a reasonably desirable steel sports model and received a preferential allocation for a “reasonably available” steel sports model?
Whitnail is offline   Reply With Quote