The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 September 2024, 01:38 AM   #31
Stupot
"TRF" Member

I'm not that sure I would want multiple watches in a year, even if offered. As a genuine collector, it doesnt sit that well with me.

I have a pretty decent collection, but its been built up and enjoyed over a long period of time. Multiple watches quickly isn't giving much time to enjoy the honeymoon period with the previous one, and then starting out on the hunt for the next one.

Its indicative of buying for the wrong reasons and motives, possibly a touch wasteful, maybe even a bit greedy, and is without a doubt contributing to the shortage.

Anyway, each to their own, if it makes them happy! It will be interesting to see how many will still hang around asking for and taking multiple watches in a year if there is a financial hit on each. That will show who is in the hobby for the right reasons!
Stupot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 02:44 AM   #32
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
The limit is only on us normal peasants. I was told by my SAs at both Rolex ADs: SS professional pieces is 1 per year. I've read people confirms this theory on TRF. Initially was told per account/house hold years ago. But my SA at one AD really likes us and he has a lot of pull at that AD. So Me and my wife received 1 ea back to back 5 mo apart. In between this, we got a TT Daytona as well. Now I'm on ice for a bit. Walk in pieces and most PM pieces are no limit .

I was just at one of my AD yesterday. A lot of good walk in pieces to buy on the spot. No photos allowed on their non exhibition pieces.
Old 6 September 2024, 03:21 AM   #33
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
So what you are saying if a person goes into ADs watch retail shop with plenty of cash and he/she wanted to buy say 10 Rolex watches and they were in stock.The AD would only sell 3 because the AD can only sell max 3 watches a year. Afraid business is like any other business to sell as many as there retail product from there retail stores as possible to anyone who has the cash to pay for them.

I think each AD decides if they would be aiding/abetting flippers by selling as many as 10 watches to one person (presuming they agreed with Rolex's desire to limit that secondary market activity).

I know that in the past ADs who had diamond'd Gold watches often expected a secondary dealer to take 3 or more off their hands to get 1 SS Daytona.

This might still be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Again you are out of touch.

My last Rolex purchase my watch sat in the safe for a week until I was allowed to come in and purchase it, because of this policy. Since that time I have purchased from other brands. The boutique texted about a month ago with a Sub date that I turned down, they said to ask my husband, he didn’t want it either. . I know, who turns down a sub date. I’m so tired of the brand, see too many of them out and about. I can’t see me buying another Rolex. Too many other nice brands to be bothered with Rolex.
Why attack a member based on your personal experience?

My ADs never treated me in the way you described - so I agree that you should dislike them.

They Not Like Us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 05:55 AM   #34
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by misochew View Post
Whatever my wife says the limit is.
you beat me to the punch lol
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 07:32 AM   #35
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

My reason for asking, guys is that I was at the AD and the subject came up in our conversation, I did not question it, but now some of our previous conversations make more sense. As far as wait times and ability to buy. So now I understand how it works at that AD.

Although, I was at that AD and a customer was taken to the back and there was some back and forth and the guy walked outside made a call to get approval from someone else and it was for more than one watch , I’m sure it was a huge bag. Rolex only AD. This was during the crazy times, Maybe he was a whale or a back door deal, who knows?

Thanks again, I’m always amazed with the amount of knowledge here!

Cheers,
Zach69SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 09:52 AM   #36
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Guys, I was not upset at AD I prefer honesty and I would never buy 10 watches at once from any brand. As mentioned above it ruins the honeymoon phase. I wanted to ask your opinions and learn something in the process. I think 3-4 watches per year is very fair or even 1 for some brands like Patek or AP , especially if they are pieces that you want. Does not matter the metal SS, TT and PM.

I’m still learning how the game works now? Things are definitely not like before and I stayed away during the craziness. So these make believe wait lists and exhibition only signs are the normal now but not before.
Zach69SS is online now   Reply With Quote