The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 August 2024, 03:17 AM   #31
Mr. Drunmond
"TRF" Member

For some its the best modern rolex sports watch. For others its not comfortable. Both are correct. Just depends on your wrist shape/size.
Old 26 August 2024, 03:24 AM   #32
Robison347
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue dial sub
I don’t have any discomfort with mine. Also, I’m not sure why some of you write that you have to wear the bracelet tight. These bracelets are strong. They are not going to fall apart no matter how you wear the watch. I wear mine loose, and there is no pressure point. But I wear all my watches loose except those with leather straps, which a seem to prefer tighter.

In my opinion, the Sea Dweller is more unusual that a Sub, and does not feel appreciably different as I have one of them too.
Robison347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:32 AM   #33
daysky1
"TRF" Member

For my deep sea sea-Dweller James Cameron dial I've got a rubber bee swimskin it's quite comfortable and the watch looks awesome on that. a little while ago Rolex released one of their display only sea-dwellers red letter and I was called to see if I was interested and I was and so I picked that up and for me it fits quite well on the stainless steel bracelet however I have been looking at the rubber b band either the swim skin or the regular rubber B with their clasp. if you've never ordered from rubber B you have to be very careful to make sure that your model number matches the strap because they design them to fit perfectly no wiggle room at all custom made for a specific particular Rolex. don't know if you've considered that but just thought I'd put my two cents worth in
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:37 AM   #34
samson66
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Because this thread needs pictures. Six years and counting of SD bliss.

samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:45 AM   #35
daysky1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Prepare yourself for a six page thread...

Short version - some folks find them uncomfortable on the wrist due to the protruding case back, while others like me have never had an issue.

You wouldn't be the first to make the swap over to a Sub
For some reason I've never noticed a protruding case back I've just considered a rubber B because I like rubber B not because I don't like the bracelet that my deep sea is on huh. it feels just fine on the bracelet to me but to switch things up i may go with a rubber b or an Everest I've never had an Everest strap so if anyone out there has had one and can give me some feedback on it I'd appreciate that i know rubber B is top quality.
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:50 AM   #36
samson66

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysky1 View Post
For some reason I've never noticed a protruding case back I've just considered a rubber B because I like rubber B not because I don't like the bracelet that my deep sea is on huh. it feels just fine on the bracelet to me but to switch things up i may go with a rubber b or an Everest I've never had an Everest strap so if anyone out there has had one and can give me some feedback on it I'd appreciate that i know rubber B is top quality.
I have the Rubber B strap and it's terrific. Highly recommend. Nice chance of pace and a really good summer alternative. Just make sure you buy the proper sized screwdriver to swap it out. Can't comment on Everest for this particular watch but I think the turned down section of the Rubber B really works on this watch due to the somewhat large lug-to-lug length. The Everest just comes straight out from the lugs which is better for smaller watches IMO.

samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:52 AM   #37
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I have the Rubber B strap and it's terrific. Highly recommend. Nice chance of pace and a really good summer alternative. Just make sure you buy the proper sized screwdriver to swap it out. Can't comment on Everest for this particular watch but I think the turned down section of the Rubber B really works on this watch due to the somewhat large lug-to-lug length. The Everest just comes straight out from the lugs which is better for smaller watches IMO.

Looks fantastic my friend.

Rolex should get with the times and offer rubber straps for their divers IMHO
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 05:07 AM   #38
drlvegas
"TRF" Member

I had the same problem & ended up trading the watch for that reason. I did put it on a Rubber B for a while which made it wear much better. It doesn’t taper nearly as much as the Rolex bracelet & really keeps the watch in place. Highly recommend giving it a try before you give up on it.
drlvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 12:05 PM   #39
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
Hmm! Might have to check it out again!

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 12:13 PM   #40
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Same thing for me. I owned it 2x or maybe 3x. It really hurt me in day 2 of wearing it. Pointy case back. Many threads on this. Oddly, the James Cameron has a much flatter, cushion case and it was far more comfortable than the SD43. Lots of us experienced it. Get another watch. A Sub is the perfect size. You’ll be happy.

Just another WIS who loves to trade.
@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 26 August 2024, 12:16 PM   #41
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjanderson View Post
I bought the SD 43 from trusted seller here, and ended up doing a trade with the SD 43 and Breitling Avenger Seawolf, which I wore rarely and only out of guilt for an 5 month old Sub Date in mint condition.

I missed this. Well done! Congrats!

Just another WIS who loves to trade.
@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 26 August 2024, 12:18 PM   #42
lowmandfl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjanderson View Post
Hi

I bought a SD 43 about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Love the watch and Im used to much larger watches. Have a Breitling Seawolf (45mm, 55.5 and 18 +) and an Omega SM Chronograph.

While those are much bigger and thicker watches I find both to be far more comfortable than the SD 43.

I love the look and presence of the SD 43 but have found that the very rounded caseback creates a rather uncomfortable "pressure point" after a while since the watch needs to be worn quite tight as the bracelet is inadequate (too tapered and thin for a top heavy watch). If it werent for the wobbly caseback I wouldnnt need to tighten it so much but combined with it being top heavy it needs to be much tighter. The Omega bracelet is a far better braclet and makes the SD 43 one feel fragile in comparison.

Im thinking of traiding it and getting a submariner Date. Has anyone else had this issue? or heard of it? I have an older breitling superocean 42 that is about same thickeness and weight and its the most comfortable watch Ive ever worn.

Trying a watch on for 5 minutes at the store really doesnt tell you too much as far as extended wear. The novelty and excitement also clouding ones judgement. Just worried I might find the Sub to not have enough wrist preseence. I have tried on the sub but like the sd 43 only for five minutes.
As others have mentioned, it's definitely not uncommon. I have had 2 SD43, and ended up selling both. I have a Deepsea and find it far more comfortable, both because of case and an overall better clasp design. I also have a Submariner and it's super comfortable.

I also enjoy large watches, Panerai and Breitlings included, and none have presented the same issues.
lowmandfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 02:46 PM   #43
boostedt0y
"TRF" Member

No discomfort issues on my 7.2 in wrist. Wear mine almost daily.
boostedt0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 05:42 PM   #44
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysky1 View Post
For my deep sea sea-Dweller James Cameron dial I've got a rubber bee swimskin it's quite comfortable and the watch looks awesome on that. a little while ago Rolex released one of their display only sea-dwellers red letter and I was called to see if I was interested and I was and so I picked that up and for me it fits quite well on the stainless steel bracelet however I have been looking at the rubber b band either the swim skin or the regular rubber B with their clasp. if you've never ordered from rubber B you have to be very careful to make sure that your model number matches the strap because they design them to fit perfectly no wiggle room at all custom made for a specific particular Rolex. don't know if you've considered that but just thought I'd put my two cents worth in
I have the rubber b for my DSSD and Everest for my Sd43. The Everest is great and I think more comfortable than the rubber b I did have for the sd43. I recommend Everest.
I am very curious about your swimskin band for the DSSD. I have looked at that a bunch of times on-line and tempted to try but never heard of anyone who had one. So there is a price that sits underneath the watch - does this not make the DSSD feel even more top heavy? Would love to see a photo or 2 of your setup.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 05:43 PM   #45
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Auto correct!! * piece*
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote