The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Old 15 July 2024, 12:58 PM   #1
Timpointoh
"TRF" Member

Chrono24 vs EBay am I being scammed ?

So I just bought a watch off of Chrono24 From a private seller

Now the seller is reaching out to me, asking me to Cancel on chrono and buy on eBay

Everything he said initially was how it benefits me, but I’m like why are you offering this? Why do you care? And this is what he said:

“The benefit for me is that I get to send it to eBay authentication service and then they send it to you. So eBay confirms that I shipped an authentic watch then you receive it. If you want to return, you have to return the same watch with the tag on it plus authentication card. for me it protects me as a buyer that what I send will have to be sent back if there’s a return or issue. Chrono just has a lot of scams )not saying that you are)

it will just make the transaction safe and insured for both of us. Byron and seller can’t scam or send fake.”
Timpointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:18 PM   #2
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

“ for me it protects me as a buyer that what I send will have to be sent back if there’s a return or issue. “

I think they meant seller. Then why list on Chrono? I will say eBay backs the buyer very well when there are issues, so that will help cover you in case the watch is not as described. Is the price the same to you?
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:19 PM   #3
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

I would agree with the seller. More secure for both parties on ebay.

Not sure what the fees are for a private seller on Chrono24, may be beneficial for him as far as fees.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:20 PM   #4
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Chrono24 vs EBay am I being scammed ?

I would say that’s an unusual request, but I thought Chrono 24 also guaranteed authenticity. I will say I’ve been buying and selling watches on eBay for 20+ years (I even have a watch store) but have never dealt with Chrono 24. So, from my perspective, I’d rather buy from eBay. In all the years, buying and selling, they’ve always been fair, if any hiccups regarding any transaction. Everything the seller said was true. The watch WILL be shipped to you by the authenticator, assuming it passes the authentication process. My daughter bought a Breitling for her husband that way, and it was “smooth sailing.”

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:21 PM   #5
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
Not speaking to this situation directly, but I heard Chrono24 sellers have had issues recently where buyers are claiming the watches either weren’t delivered or weren’t in the box, and always seem to side with the buyer.
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:32 PM   #6
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I think both platforms have pretty high fees. If the price is the same for you I’d be okay with whatever the seller prefers.
ArtNouveau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:32 PM   #7
Timpointoh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
“ for me it protects me as a buyer that what I send will have to be sent back if there’s a return or issue. “

I think they meant seller. Then why list on Chrono? I will say eBay backs the buyer very well when there are issues, so that will help cover you in case the watch is not as described. Is the price the same to you?
Yeah, he’s saying the price is the same. The only thing I was worried about was if someone offered him more and this gets him out of it, he sells it to someone else for more.
Timpointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 04:47 PM   #8
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
My personal experience with both platforms is the majority of deals don’t complete if you land a good deal as a buyer - I’ve had some ridiculous requests from sellers but this one doesn’t sound too bad assuming you are over the authentication threshold.
Mr Ben is online now   Reply With Quote