The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #1
itim
"TRF" Member

Question on being in the "waiting list"

My wife got the call for a 77350SR after putting her name 2 years ago and not really bothering to follow up on it.

So being a good husband that I am, I decided to tag along to the AP house. She purchased her watch and then registered interest for a 15551OR.

When the bracelet was getting resized for my wife, the sales lady asks am I interested in anything. I said yeah of course the Jumbo blue dial - unsurprisingly shot down. Then she says may be she can put my name down for 15510 black dial. I say of course, that is also really nice, thank you and typed my details into the iPad.

My question is:
1) Is that it and I am now on the waiting list? I just have to wait however many years to be allocated a 15510? It would be super to have a 15510 at retail price but I am not desperate enough to buy a Code 11.59 to ensure it happens.

2) Is there non-monetary hoop that I can and should jump through to make the allocation comes faster (I am assuming that I am now in the list or this is the wrong thinking)?

Much appreciated in advance for your comments.
itim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #2
Broadbear
"TRF" Member

I think you’re in a good position. You have purchase history plus the SA had mentioned black dial 15510 so it’s definitely doable. I don’t think you will have to wait for years for it, probably few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Broadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #3
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I introduced a friend of mine to AP House who wanted a 15510. He got offered a black dial 6 months later. That was last year and if anything I’d say things were easier. I’m nobody in the grand scheme of things AP wise so it’s not like I had any sway.

I’ll say the same to you as I said to him, keep in contact with the SA. Follow up occasionally and show some interest. Not every 5 minutes, but the odd what’s app message or email can’t hurt and can more likely help.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 AM   #4
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
I introduced a friend of mine to AP House who wanted a 15510. He got offered a black dial 6 months later. That was last year and if anything I’d say things were easier. I’m nobody in the grand scheme of things AP wise so it’s not like I had any sway.

I’ll say the same to you as I said to him, keep in contact with the SA. Follow up occasionally and show some interest. Not every 5 minutes, but the odd what’s app message or email can’t hurt and can more likely help.
Exactly this
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #5
APhound
"TRF" Member

Question on being in the "waiting list"

You’re going to get it. Probably about like waiting for a submariner- if I had to guess I’d say 3-6 months. Wouldn’t be surprised for you to get it by Christmas.
You’ll probably get the jumbo too, they’re not as impossible as you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote