The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,049 69.79%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.13%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 392 26.08%
Voters: 1503. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #5311
cascadez71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I would spring a little extra for the 1900.
https://www.amazon.com/OTOOLWORLD-Co...s%2C107&sr=8-6
Thank you.

And this appears to be the guide:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=5002

Any other posts helpful to read? I am totally new at this. Down the rabbit hole I go.

I held off reading too much into timeographer posts as I didn't want to worry myself too much...but it makes sense to evaluate before/after service, especially now that I have the classic 32 series issues.
cascadez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #5312
cascadez71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho68 View Post
My "practical" expirience confirms what I measured (see below) that my watch is crazy accurate. After around 4 days (including the test period) the deviation is 1s max.
That is fantastic and I hope it stays there for you! I daily wear my 126610LV since March 2021, not taken off for anything besides distance runs. It was scary accurate for the first 3-6 months, then sat at -1 to -1.5 spd for 3 years. Recently it suffered the big 32xx drop off.

I just ordered a Weishi 1900 and will post results. How did you (and others reading this) account for variation when making your excel tables?
Eg. First post in this thread: "DU: +2 to +3 s/d, 256-262 deg" How would you record this as a single value for rate and amplitude on your excel table? Just average? +2.5 s/d, 259 deg ?
cascadez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #5313
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadez71 View Post
Would you say that colder temperatures result in a "slower" watch? ie. -spd

Whereas warmer ambient is +spd?
Take my advice forget about timegrapher just wear and enjoy your watch in good health now that's far more important.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #5314
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
[QUOTE=cascadez71;13417989]Would you say that colder temperatures result in a "slower" watch? ie. -spd

If my memory serves me well (I hope it does) there was some discussion a while ago about temperature effects in this thread.
CharlesN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #5315
CaptT
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
I don't have a timeographer (yet?) but my 3235 just collapsed. Early 2021 Sub, bought from AD new and worn day and night. Started 0 spd, then -1 to -1.5 spd, last month got noticeably worse. -6spd minimum.

Was there ever a cause identified? A fix beyond re-servicing to increase lubrication? I can't imagine Rolex would be ok with a 3-4 year service interval. I would not be, the 31xx goes 10+ years.

I love the watch, but would not be able to stomach servicing it that frequently. That is worse than most quartz battery replacements.
Sorry to hear, but glad you found this thread. You’ll find a bunch of useful information here, though I don’t know that there is any conclusive rationale for this now widely known issue.

Slowing timekeeping, sometimes rapidly, is often how the issue presents. Up to you to determine if it’s outside what you might consider an acceptable range.

The advice to send to RSC makes the most sense, as they’re best equipped to handle this, and if within warranty it’ll be covered for you at no cost. Many report that their watch comes back fine after servicing, and low amplitude issue is resolved. Others have had to send their watch(es) back multiple times for the same issue, unfortunately. Sadly, as far as I can follow, it’s not entirely understood what is the cause, though there are RSC trained/employed watch technicians (I hope I’m doing their title and capabilities justice) here and elsewhere that have confirmed this issue is real.

Quote:
Thank you.

And this appears to be the guide:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=5002

Any other posts helpful to read? I am totally new at this. Down the rabbit hole I go.

I held off reading too much into timeographer posts as I didn't want to worry myself too much...but it makes sense to evaluate before/after service, especially now that I have the classic 32 series issues.
Timegrapher makes sense, though it isn’t for everyone. Just like this thread isn’t for everyone, though some seem to make a point to come back and add little value to the thread other than mock those that care about this issue, data, analysis, potential resolutions, etc. Don’t let that discourage you, but perhaps important to remember that to take these issues with a grain of salt, and in relative perspective.

The 126610LV is a really cool dive watch. Good luck getting it back to spec.
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #5316
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Take my advice forget about timegrapher just wear and enjoy your watch in good health now that's far more important.
Now here is a "Novel" idea ...

How about Enjoying a watch AND also enjoying measuring with a timegrapher.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #5317
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post

I have to agree if that is what the owner enjoys.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 AM   #5318
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Quote:

Exactly. Some people can own a performance car and be happy to just drive it to work and have it maintained by someone else. Others want to tune it, dyno it, get it on the track, tweak every last bit of performance out of it. Or debate different engines and specs over the years. There is certainly room for many types of enthusiasts in any hobby. The sheer length of this thread indicates a significant level of interest in this aspect of Rolex.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #5319
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:

I agree, Charles. I think we all know good health is more important than having a good running watch. But part of the hobby for some is accuracy. As you know my husband has been working on positional difference with that IWC and was telling me this morning he is able to keep +2 seconds TOTAL after 35 days.

He’s had good luck as well with Metas Omegas and Tudor. Getting like +1 sec per week.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #5320
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Once a person has the data that becomes easily available with using and recording the results from a Timegrapher it becomes such a simple thing to keep a watch running to virtually perfect timekeeping
Simple positioning at night is the corrective position is all that’s needed.
It really does not matter what brand of watch this method is used with, be it IWC, Rolex, Tudor or any other make.