The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 July 2024, 12:19 AM   #31
dchang81
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
I can't be the only person who finds ARS2 risible, surely?
I thought that everyone would hate it. over a decade ago I assumed they would go for cheap at auction and go used for a large discount but never did. An AD said that strangely they were popular. I've posted it a bunch but my wife says the yellow one looks like a Ronald McDonald edition watch
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 12:27 AM   #32
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I thought that everyone would hate it. over a decade ago I assumed they would go for cheap at auction and go used for a large discount but never did. An AD said that strangely they were popular. I've posted it a bunch but my wife says the yellow one looks like a Ronald McDonald edition watch

I have a yellow dial CMS on my wishlist. My wife hated it and she always try to change my mind.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 12:33 AM   #33
APhound
"TRF" Member

I got an octa lune for a reasonable markup. Maybe ten k or so. I would say being an owner will give you more cred at the boutique. If you’re willing to pay over via grey you’re prob not a flipper. But that’s just my opinion really.
I was also told at the boutique that you can only request watches that you try on at a boutique. Meaning you can’t just say I want x watch- you have to try one on that they have and say this is the one I want.. My guess is that’s more for first timers than a customer who has a few and wants something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 01:11 AM   #34
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
I got an octa lune for a reasonable markup. Maybe ten k or so. I would say being an owner will give you more cred at the boutique. If you’re willing to pay over via grey you’re prob not a flipper. But that’s just my opinion really.
I was also told at the boutique that you can only request watches that you try on at a boutique. Meaning you can’t just say I want x watch- you have to try one on that they have and say this is the one I want.. My guess is that’s more for first timers than a customer who has a few and wants something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met a gentleman at the boutique who bought a 38mm brass movement tourbillon at auction. Gorgeous piece but he told me that he is still waiting for his first allocation from the boutique after almost two years.

The boutique always tried to bring in a piece for me to try on. Other collectors even let me try on their pieces when the boutique could not locate a piece to be sent in. Very generous group of collectors.
Old 23 July 2024, 05:31 AM   #35
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your wife has a good eye.
Old 23 July 2024, 10:40 AM   #36
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I met a gentleman at the boutique who bought a 38mm brass movement tourbillon at auction. Gorgeous piece but he told me that he is still waiting for his first allocation from the boutique after almost two years.

The boutique always tried to bring in a piece for me to try on. Other collectors even let me try on their pieces when the boutique could not locate a piece to be sent in. Very generous group of collectors.
Quote:
Prior to buying the yellow ARS 2. A number of my family members said the exact same thing. This watch looks much better in person.

Aesthetically I would rank ARS 2. PT, RG, Yellow, and grey.

The precious metal version it's very heavy especially the Platinum one. It was hard to use as a daily or a sports watch. In my opinion the yellow looks better than the grey dial in person.
dakkonmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 03:12 PM   #37
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Had similar experience on my first formal visit. They arrange to overnight a watch from another Boutique and borrow a watch from another collector.

I can't imagine another brand would do this for someone that has no purchase history.
Old 23 July 2024, 03:42 PM   #38
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
Had similar experience on my first formal visit. They arrange to overnight a watch from another Boutique and borrow a watch from another collector.

I can't imagine another brand would do this for someone that has no purchase history.
Yes, they offered to borrow a FFC from another collector as I missed the FFC US showing. They really want the collector to get what he/she loves. It is a huge liability on them to offer such an arrangement. It also shows that Journe collectors are very enthusiastic about the brand that they are ready to share.
Old 24 July 2024, 10:06 AM   #39
mchen42
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
Thank you. I never thought about that. I need to go find some outdoor pictures of Cs Black Label.

If we care about legibility. People wouldn't be buying this many 38mm Perpetual calendars. 😄

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. FFC does generate substantially more Revenue per watch. I wonder how big are the demands for FFC?
Huge demands for FFCs and I don't think factory could fulfill the demand in next couple of years... I think people won't care about the msrp due to the success of Onlywatch and the unique function.
mchen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2024, 10:07 AM   #40
mchen42
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, they offered to borrow a FFC from another collector as I missed the FFC US showing. They really want the collector to get what he/she loves. It is a huge liability on them to offer such an arrangement. It also shows that Journe collectors are very enthusiastic about the brand that they are ready to share.
LA collector?
mchen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2024, 10:54 PM   #41
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Anyone seeking their first Journe can find my ARS2 listed today for MSRP. Before someone asks why, I sell everything in time. I even sell my house every few years lol
Old 6 August 2024, 08:18 AM   #42
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

At msrp! A very good deal for someone. It's better than waiting 2+ years for an allocation.