The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 20 July 2024, 12:18 PM   #151
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef82 View Post
Where can I buy the 16202 for 10-20% above retail �� or the 15550 just a bit above retail?
Lucky to find a 16202 at min 50% premium to msrp. Maybe he meant 15202.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 02:19 PM   #152
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCansado View Post
I'm also in the Bay Area and chose SCP. Met my SA the first time and he had a fairly specific timeline for some RO & ROO pieces for me which led me to be hopeful. A few weeks later I get an email saying that he is leaving and I was transferring to a different SA. Given that it isn't the easiest to go drop by and meet the new person, I tried emailing multiple times and even calling the boutique to talk to the new person. Total crickets and nothing.

I was in Rome in Feb and stopped by the shop there. Told them how my current boutique was ghosting me, they were friendly, and they had one of the ROO pieces I wanted. Right as they were about to sell it to me, they did a total 180 and got hostile saying I needed to keep working with SCP, even though they don't even return my calls or emails. I had to walk out with my wife as I was being yelled at by a rude SA in Rome. At this point I felt like I had to beg to spend money and was off put, so I reached out to AP HQ and told them about how I was disappointed in bot SCP and Rome locations and gave the reasons why.

After a few months I had the manager of SCP reply to one of the emails I sent HQ, they just forwarded it to her. She tried to tell me that my new SA has been calling me and getting no reply. I took a screenshot of the phone logs and said that wasn't the case. The same day my newSA finally calls me, and we speak for the first time. Her tone is totally different than my first SA, saying how I gotta buy a Code or "less popular" ROO, cause the 10 or so Offshores I liked were "popular". It was terrible.

Since then I've tried to reach out and keep the contact going but my SA ignores my texts, or replies weeks later and she has clearly forgot any of the details of our conversation. Last time you could tell she looked me up in the CMS and she said "I hope you had a lovely time visiting our boutique in Rome", so I know they're just blowing smoke.

Either way, SCP has not been a good experience for me. I had a decent collection of other pieces and this is just pushing me to buy other pieces, not stay on the hamster wheel and keep being treated like I am not valued.
I'm sorry your experience was like this. I've always gotten really good treatments with all the boutiques except for the AP crystal one in Vegas. AP IMO is best to by grey. Most 90% of their pieces end up under retail. Today I saw a star wheel on Moda for couple grand above retail plus tax.
Old 21 July 2024, 11:28 PM   #153
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with AP. Mine has been the complete opposite in London—outstanding service and transparency. I was allocated a Royal Oak during the "hype" as my first AP with no pressure to purchase anything I wasn't too keen on. I guess luck plays a part.
Old 22 July 2024, 03:30 AM   #154
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashj52 View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with AP. Mine has been the complete opposite in London—outstanding service and transparency. I was allocated a Royal Oak during the "hype" as my first AP with no pressure to purchase anything I wasn't too keen on. I guess luck plays a part.
Same for me. I’ve never been told to buy X model to get better allocations going forward. Or any hint. I’ve only ever said what I’d like and over time that’s happened.

The only time that any conversation has been had about what I may get is when I jokingly said I’d like the jumbo and a blue steel chrono as my next two watches (after my last watch was a blue anniversary 15510) and I was told that getting 3 blue dials allocated in a row was probably pushing it a bit.

Well you don’t ask, you don’t get

After that I bought a black dial rose gold, then I got a jumbo, so I was very happy.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 05:43 PM   #155
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Same for me. I’ve never been told to buy X model to get better allocations going forward. Or any hint. I’ve only ever said what I’d like and over time that’s happened.

The only time that any conversation has been had about what I may get is when I jokingly said I’d like the jumbo and a blue steel chrono as my next two watches (after my last watch was a blue anniversary 15510) and I was told that getting 3 blue dials allocated in a row was probably pushing it a bit.

Well you don’t ask, you don’t get

After that I bought a black dial rose gold, then I got a jumbo, so I was very happy.
That's good to hear you weren't pressured either! Out of curiosity how is it having both a Jumbo and a 15510? I'm wondering if the jumbo's excellent proportions make one wear their 15510 less often etc