The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #91
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
They really milked the crap out of the DB. In 2020, we only had like 8 variants across the 41 and 37 sizes.

We must be at like 20+ at this point and really killing a classic with all the variants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah although to be fair so few people will probably get these it doesn't even matter but it definitely still feels like it's less special now. don't hate the monotone look though, especially the salmon color, and it reminds me of the 15305 now. still probably prefer the old 15407 otherwise though
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #92
HurricaneHarry
"TRF" Member

They’re all stunning. I’m excited to see real pictures of the new ceramic and yellow gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HurricaneHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #93
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
+1
And we can't even blame FHB anymore...
I'm really worried about the direction AP is taking
Wasn’t this decision (as well as whatever is coming in the near term) made a number of years in advance under the leadership of FHB?
Regardless, from a design standpoint it is interesting to consider that the contrasting color of one piece compared to previous 15305 is what characterized the piece as amazing in many people’s eyes. However, the 26735st, 16204bc, and others (none of which I could ever be allocated) don’t have this design element but reign supreme. Time (and live pictures) will tell how the new pieces measure up, but it’s possible AP will take heed of our gripes and surprise with a new release in the future.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM   #94
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Wasn’t this decision (as well as whatever is coming in the near term) made a number of years in advance under the leadership of FHB?
Regardless, from a design standpoint it is interesting to consider that the contrasting color of one piece compared to previous 15305 is what characterized the piece as amazing in many people’s eyes.
Interesting, but true. That's the genius of it.

Quote:
However, the 26735st, 16204bc, and others (none of which I could ever be allocated) don’t have this design element but reign supreme.
The grey market of course agrees with that statement, but I don't find the openworked jumbos superior. Lack of contrast and the giant barrel bother me. AP text on the crystal doesn't help either.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #95
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
+1
And we can't even blame FHB anymore...
I'm really worried about the direction AP is taking
Didn't the new CEO only start coming into the office at the end of last year? I'm pretty sure you can still blame FHB for this release, if you're so inclined. I seem to recall the AP operates on a ~5 year product planning schedule, so it'll all be FHBs fault for a while longer
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:31 AM   #96
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Didn't the new CEO only start coming into the office at the end of last year? I'm pretty sure you can still blame FHB for this release, if you're so inclined. I seem to recall the AP operates on a ~5 year product planning schedule, so it'll all be FHBs fault for a while longer
Thanks, that's a relief
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote