The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 January 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
tobiann
"TRF" Member

Cayce Faqua - preownedrolex.com - beware seller issues

help please.

does anyone know who cayce faqua is (Nashville, TN), or has anyone puchased a rolex from him or preownedrolec.com in the past? i'm very concerned as i sent cayce a check for $2k + 2 of my own personal datejust rolex's ($4000 + in value) in trade for a gold mens datejust. problem is that i sent my watches to him on 12/12 and my cash on 12/15 (both via overnight fedex). it's now 1/16 and he's yet to send me the merchandise i've paid for. he was pretty attentive and returned all my phone calls before he rec'd my check, but i seem to be getting the run around now that the time has come for him to send me the watch i paid for. he says that he had to service the gold watch before sending it to me but i don't belve it takes 4 weeks to service a watch. also, he said he was sending the watch this past thrusday but when the watch didn't arrive i called him (got no answer) and got a very odd email from him the next day saying he was in the hospital (heart flutter??)?? which, honestly happened to be the same excuse he used with me in the past when i worked with him on a different transaction about a year ago. he said he was getting out of the hospital that afternoon, but here we are two days later and he's still not returned my calls or emails. so, i emailed him again about an hour ago and he said he's still in the hospital, getting out this afternoon. so weird and inconsistent.

listen, i'm very sensitive to health issues and people's personal lives, but i have no patience for paying a lot of money for something, and not receiving it when multiple excuses are involved.

i'm at a loss here and willing/prepared to do whatever it takes to resolve this issue including getting the BBB involved and legal if i have to.

what i'd like to hopefully understand from this post is if anyone has had dealings with him before, and were they positive or negative? any advise would be very helpful please.

i will gladly remove this post if and when this situation gets resolved, but i strongly feel that 30+ days is way too long to wait when a $6000 transaction is involved.
tobiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Rutger Hauer
"TRF" Member

PM Sent
Rutger Hauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 10:39 AM   #3
rjmarti

hmmmm. If you type in the name Cayce Faqua into google, bad things seem to come up :(

Here is a link to one of them from several years ago which sounds very much like yours...

http://jholbrook.proboards.com/index...lay&thread=926

Im sorry :(

Ron
rjmarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 11:01 AM   #4
tobiann
"TRF" Member

Thank you so much for your reply!

Well, the update is that he FINALLY sent me my $1900 back (just rcv'd it Saturday) but I've been sweating about the check actually being good all weekend. Looks like it JUST cleared my account today which is good news BUT he's refused to take any of my calls since last Wednesday and he still has my 2 Rolex Watches worth about $6K total. I'm sueing him. He'll be served next week and I'll make it my job to make sure that nobody does business with him again. I'm livid. He's had my watches (and Money) for about 2 months now and all i've been getting is the run around, run around, run around, run around. He is obviously stealing from peter to pay paul.

Do not do business with this man!
Old 25 January 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
drtooth73
Banned

Watch: TT GMT IIC
I could not open preownedrolex.com
drtooth73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 10:48 PM   #6
LeotheLion

Watch: GMT2 and Datejust
Buying and selling expensive items, anyway except face to face, will always be emotive and stressful. But what can buyers and sellers do to reduce the risks?. We get all sorts of helpful suggestions but for complete peace of mind should we only buy and sell face to face.Incidently I did buy off a TRF member with no problems and quite an enjoyable experience.But risk will always be there.Hope you manage to resolve this situation.......
LeotheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2012, 11:35 PM   #7
MonBK
Banned

Sorry to hear this about Cayce, he used to be a good guy and I've done a few deals with him in the past.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2012, 03:11 AM   #8
Rutger Hauer
"TRF" Member

tobiann, did you get the private message that I sent you? I am in the middle of the same problem that you are having...
Rutger Hauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2012, 04:14 AM   #9
tobiann
"TRF" Member

yes, please call me
Old 26 January 2012, 09:23 AM   #10
tobiann
"TRF" Member

i'd like everyone to know that the check i rcv'd from Cayce Fuqua on 1/17 bounced so I'm now out about $7,000. he is a very horrible person, i welcome any advise on your thoughts re: how i could get my money or my property back. I hope anyone thinking of doing business with him in the future reads this thread.
Old 26 January 2012, 06:00 PM   #11
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Ouch!

Really sorry to hear that even the check bounced... Sounds like desperate times.
Old 26 January 2012, 06:19 PM   #12
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

Get the police involved as soon as possible. DO NOT WAIT!
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2012, 07:45 PM   #13
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Very sad. I've dealt with Cayce in the past based on very high recommendations. I had no issues with my deals. I guess things change. I hope you're able to get your watch and money back.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 12:21 AM   #14
aleiberman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Very sad indeed. I purchased a Rolex from him last year. I will have to say, it was a strange process buying from him. I purchased from him becasue he had what I wanted and there were plenty of reputable people on this forum who had vouched for him. Otherwise, I would not have done business with this guy. The watch came as expected, so my outcome wasn't like yours and many others. However, based on my interactions with the guy, what you have going on does not suprise me. He also tried to tell me that my watch was first going to be sent down to Miami before being shipped to me so that his partner could service the watch. I had to twist his arm to not do that, and send me the watch immediatly, which he did. I was all over him every step of the way. I'm sorry about your dealings with him. I have no respect for these types of people regardless of what they are going through.
aleiberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 01:20 AM   #15
ffighter556
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Probably had 20 local transactions with him never a problem. Been a few years though, hope it works out.
ffighter556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Goiguidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex vintage
The police won't do much about it, I'm afraid.
A file will be opened and that will be it.
I would do it anyway, you never know.
Good luck!
Goiguidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Is this the chap who set up the Timekeeper forums?

He was a Cayce something or other, a seller of watches.

Anyway, it doesn't look good.

Capture.JPG

I'd get on a bus/plane if I were you. Give this guy a visit.
Old 27 January 2012, 09:59 AM   #18
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
I'm shocked! Cayce was a highly respected seller and I've bought, sold, and traded watches with him several times.

BTW, Cayce hasn't held a position on TKF's Admin/Mod team since 2009. He's only posted a handful of times since then. I tried reaching out to him today via PM and email, but didn't get a response.

I hope that Cayce comes to his senses and makes this right, somehow.
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 10:04 AM   #19
PGAPRO
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex WG Daytona
Here is a suggestion: Go to ic3.gov this is where you get every law enforcement agency
at one time. It is time consuming, but you will get results. I've used it twice, both successfull for getting my money back and filing charges.
PGAPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Sorry to hear all of this. I bought from Cayce a couple of years ago and all went well then. I hope you're made whole again.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 09:48 PM   #21
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Looks like another sad example of the tough times some folks are going through,too bad a member of ours has been affected,I wish him luck in getting this sorted.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2012, 11:15 AM   #22
VATG
"TRF" Member

Resolved?

Were you able to resolve your issues with Cayce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiann View Post
help please.

does anyone know who cayce faqua is (Nashville, TN), or has anyone puchased a rolex from him or preownedrolec.com in the past? i'm very concerned as i sent cayce a check for $2k + 2 of my own personal datejust rolex's ($4000 + in value) in trade for a gold mens datejust. problem is that i sent my watches to him on 12/12 and my cash on 12/15 (both via overnight fedex). it's now 1/16 and he's yet to send me the merchandise i've paid for. he was pretty attentive and returned all my phone calls before he rec'd my check, but i seem to be getting the run around now that the time has come for him to send me the watch i paid for. he says that he had to service the gold watch before sending it to me but i don't belve it takes 4 weeks to service a watch. also, he said he was sending the watch this past thrusday but when the watch didn't arrive i called him (got no answer) and got a very odd email from him the next day saying he was in the hospital (heart flutter??)?? which, honestly happened to be the same excuse he used with me in the past when i worked with him on a different transaction about a year ago. he said he was getting out of the hospital that afternoon, but here we are two days later and he's still not returned my calls or emails. so, i emailed him again about an hour ago and he said he's still in the hospital, getting out this afternoon. so weird and inconsistent.

listen, i'm very sensitive to health issues and people's personal lives, but i have no patience for paying a lot of money for something, and not receiving it when multiple excuses are involved.

i'm at a loss here and willing/prepared to do whatever it takes to resolve this issue including getting the BBB involved and legal if i have to.

what i'd like to hopefully understand from this post is if anyone has had dealings with him before, and were they positive or negative? any advise would be very helpful please.

i will gladly remove this post if and when this situation gets resolved, but i strongly feel that 30+ days is way too long to wait when a $6000 transaction is involved.
VATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2014, 12:33 PM   #23
tobiann
"TRF" Member

Stolen Rolex Mens Datejust SS Jubliee model 16014 Serial 6269909

Hi folks!

Any information you can send me about a 36 mm Datejust SS Jubilee 3035 caliber 18ct white gold fluted bezel model 16014 serial 6269909 would be so very much appreciated. Cayce Fuqua stole it from me two years ago and I'm just trying to find my watch.....hoping one of you can help?

Thanks for your time.

Tobi
Old 31 March 2014, 01:13 PM   #24
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Is this one of the two watches referred to above? If so, did you get one of them back?
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2014, 01:20 PM   #25
tobiann
"TRF" Member

Hello. It is about one of the watches I mentioned above......I just found the serial number and thought I'd give this forum a whirl. No, they were never returned. I hear the police departments have a running list of serial numbers for stolen Rolex watches but wanted to give this forum a try first.
Old 31 March 2014, 01:36 PM   #26
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Too bad. Thanks for the update. I wonder if the guy continued ripping people off and got caught ever? Sorry to hear you never got yours back.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2014, 03:53 PM   #27
photo
"TRF" Member

Gosh, Sorry to read this update. It may be of help to you to have a look here .. .

Stolen Wristwatch List... QualityTyme.net
http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/stolen.html
photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2024, 07:09 AM   #28
Cearlr
"TRF" Member

I had a similar issue with Cayce he took possession of my Rolex and said he could repair and fix the timing. He then gave me months of excuses until I finally decided to sue him. I won a judgement but it's been challenging to get any money. Local new station wants to run a story on him, and his fraudulent ways. Are you interested in sharing you story with me and others to expose this scumbag?
Cearlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2024, 07:58 PM   #29
Crown & Shield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearlr View Post
I had a similar issue with Cayce he took possession of my Rolex and said he could repair and fix the timing. He then gave me months of excuses until I finally decided to sue him. I won a judgement but it's been challenging to get any money. Local new station wants to run a story on him, and his fraudulent ways. Are you interested in sharing you story with me and others to expose this scumbag?
You do realize this was a 10-year old thread, don’t you? Was your issue recent?
Crown & Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 11:52 AM   #30
Cearlr
"TRF" Member

Yes I do realize it's 10 years old. Cayce had sold me two Rolex's from 2004-2009. Was totally legit so when the second one quit working instead of sending to Rolex I gave him a call to service the watch. He invited me over to his house and because I hadn't ever had any issues with him I had no reason to not trust him. After a 4 week repair turned into excuse after excuse I did a Google search and found this story. That's when I got super concerned, but even after confronting him again it was excuses. Finally I retained a lawyer and was awarded a judgement which he has never paid. I have a local TV station who wants to interview victims so figured he never stopped ripping peoole off so wanted to see if anyone else was out there and had a similar issue w Cayce.
Cearlr is offline   Reply With Quote