The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,031 70.04%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 61 4.14%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 380 25.82%
Voters: 1472. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 June 2024, 05:34 PM   #5041
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I have considered this already. Very well may just do that.
Your new 3285 also exhibits a poor isochronism. As a final measurement (after approximately 1-2 months), I recommend to perform again a series of measurements at 0, 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60 hours to ascertain whether the isochronism has undergone any changes. You probably already thought of that.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #5042
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
On the wrist this watch appears to run fine, as described above, you probably wouldn't notice. On one hand that is really the point of the watch. On the other, when you look under the hood there is a different story. I do have a question regarding "break in." Pretty sure I know the answer, but here goes. I have read many times about giving a watch a break in period (duration varies). By winding, wearing, letting run all the out and repeating, what if anything will that procedure do to "loosen" this watch up?
A most interesting cunundrum with respect to the on the wrist performance vs looking under the hood.
As much as it goes against the grain and knowing what you know looking under the hood, i'm not so sure that i would pursue it any further and wait and see with it as a point of interest or curiosity until something changes with the timekeeping or something else.
Having said that the pull of the 5 year warranty would be the most prudent course of action, especially as accidental damage to the watch can happen at any time which would negate warranty.

The run in period has already happened before shipping the watch. They always used to say it was roughly a couple of weeks for them to settle in.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #5043
Poodlopogus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So then to me, the next most obvious question is what is the difference between the pallet forks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via reggio View Post
Dont really know, they look the same
Thought about this a bit more and wonder if we should be asking a different question: What was wrong with the original fork that was fixed by a replacement?Rather than assuming a design change to the fork itself, what if somehow, through normal wear, the original became deformed somehow?

Could that at least give a clue as to the problem's origin?
Poodlopogus is offline   Reply With Quote