The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 31 May 2024, 05:59 PM   #1
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Openworked Millenary!

Anyone have this model? I am referring to the one that was finished far better than the normal Millenary and is more openworked.

Have been looking for one for a bit, and finally found one at an ok price.

Would love to hear from owners as reviews online are basically nonexistent.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2024, 10:15 PM   #2
amateurcollector
"TRF" Member

I had this watch and parted ways with it. I would not purchase it again since it wears very large and the oval shape didn’t last with me.

If you want to purchase one, go to a dealer and spend 20 minutes with one. Good luck.
amateurcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 12:17 AM   #3
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Anyone have this model? I am referring to the one that was finished far better than the normal Millenary and is more openworked.

Have been looking for one for a bit, and finally found one at an ok price.

Would love to hear from owners as reviews online are basically nonexistent.
15352OR? Don't have one, but it looks outstanding on pictures, big step up from the 4101 15250OR. Unfortunately, that's also reflected in the asking prices.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 01:26 AM   #4
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
I wore the RG for a week for a review on it. I found it to be a very comfortable piece (my wrist is 7.5") and finished beautifully. Truly undervalued. I've been thinking about getting a SS version. I saw them being manufactured at the AP factory and was truly impressed. If you put Millenary 4101 into YouTube, there are a few reviews. It's an architecture wonder in my view.

Here is my review from long ago. If it's ok to link here. *Scroll up and click the initial post in the thread.

Nice to meet another Utah-based watch fan.
Old 1 June 2024, 02:05 AM   #5
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurcollector View Post
I had this watch and parted ways with it. I would not purchase it again since it wears very large and the oval shape didn’t last with me.

If you want to purchase one, go to a dealer and spend 20 minutes with one. Good luck.
I had the 4101 for a few years and didn't find it that big because of the oval shape. It's definitely not super sleek, but didn't feel worse than something like a Panerai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
15352OR? Don't have one, but it looks outstanding on pictures, big step up from the 4101 15250OR. Unfortunately, that's also reflected in the asking prices.
The prices are higher but the one I have my eye on is pretty cheap and from a good dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
I wore the RG for a week for a review on it. I found it to be a very comfortable piece (my wrist is 7.5") and finished beautifully. Truly undervalued. I've been thinking about getting a SS version. I saw them being manufactured at the AP factory and was truly impressed. If you put Millenary 4101 into YouTube, there are a few reviews. It's an architecture wonder in my view.

Here is my review from long ago. If it's ok to link here. *Scroll up and click the initial post in the thread.

Nice to meet another Utah-based watch fan.
That is the 4101 which I owned too for a few years, but I am referring to the openworked one in my OP :)

I'm not in Utah anymore btw, moved back to Vancouver! You should join the Utah Horological Society though, good guys there.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 02:15 AM   #6
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
I had the 4101 for a few years and didn't find it that big because of the oval shape. It's definitely not super sleek, but didn't feel worse than something like a Panerai.

The prices are higher but the one I have my eye on is pretty cheap and from a good dealer.

That is the 4101 which I owned too for a few years, but I am referring to the openworked one in my OP :)

Sorry for my confusion.

I'm not in Utah anymore btw, moved back to Vancouver! You should join the Utah Horological Society though, good guys there.
Great. Thanks.
Old 19 July 2024, 01:25 PM   #7
Idellsalter
"TRF" Member

If you want to purchase one, go to a dealer and spend 10 minutes with one.
Idellsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2024, 01:25 PM   #8
Idellsalter
"TRF" Member

watch

If you want to purchase one, go to a dealer and spend 10 minutes with one.
Idellsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 09:31 AM   #9
construda
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What is the neighborhood of the price? Have had my eye on that model for a long time but the price is ghastly vs the regular 4101
construda is offline   Reply With Quote