The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 July 2024, 11:03 AM   #1
FL2024
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622 & 214270
Considering the seamaster 300 diver green on rubber strap. How is it?

Considering purchasing this watch.

Do you recommend it?
How does it compare to Rolex in terms of feel and build quality?
Is it comfortable?

Do you think there will be a waitlist if I go through the boutique?
FL2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 07:11 PM   #2
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
i got the blue on rubber strap during the pandemic.

i dont wear it as much but when i have to go to battle this is the watch i always choose.

this statement should speak for itself
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 09:09 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch and one I have owned several times. I always buy on the bracelet and add the strap as it is the most economical way to do it and it gives you so many options. Several of our Trusted Sellers have this watch slightly pre-owned for about 1k off. A boutique will not discount and they may give you a NATO strap if you are lucky. No reservations on the watch, very cool and a good wear.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 10:25 PM   #4
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I had the white dial. Quality and comfort are top notch. Wears terrific on the wrist and stays nice and planted. My only issue with it is I couldn't deal with the skeleton hands. If you are good with the hands I can't think of any other negative.

One word of caution depending on your wrist size. It is a 42mm that wears like a 42mm, so if you are used to 40mm watches it will seem significantly larger IMO.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 11:44 PM   #5
Goodwill63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 122613
I think the green is a special watch. The color is muted in low light but pops in brighter light making it a stealthy colorway. Build quality is exceptional yet some still don't appreciate the older style bracelet; I have no issue with the bracelet and find it very comfortable. I would highly recommend buying it on steel bracelet and adding the rubber strap at purchase. You should also look into the mesh strap which is a total winner imho. I liked my green so much I also bought the summer blue edition which is spectacular. Good luck.....
Goodwill63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 AM   #6
subdweller
"TRF" Member

the green can almost appear black in low light, which is cool. its a nuce shade of green, not too bright. i personally this it looks best on the rubber
subdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM   #7
Oldngrey
"TRF" Member

Watch: 224270 Explorer 40
Agree with a previous comment on the skeleton hands. I wear reading glasses and if I don’t have them on I find it hard to read (blue dial)
If you can stretch to it buy it on the bracelet then buy the genuine deployant strap and clasp, I preferred it and found it easier to use than the standard rubber strap with the traditional buckle. I put the rubber strap on for summer wear and bracelet for winter. I personally found it very comfortable on both and the micro adjustment on the bracelet is great. Like already mentioned the dials pop in sunlight with the laser wave pattern on the dial.
Oldngrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #8
HKperf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 M Coke
The Seamaster 300 Diver in green on a rubber strap is an awesome choice! Highly recommend it. The build quality is excellent and feels on par with Rolex. It's super comfortable, especially with the rubber strap. There might be a short waitlist at the boutique, but it's worth checking out.
HKperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #9
Chapters
"TRF" Member

I have this one as well. I purchased it on the bracelet, and I later added the Omega green rubber strap as well. Currently wearing it on the rubber strap for summer. As others have noted, this one is a real chameleon! The forest green looks very dark in most light, but the green can really shine through in bright sunlight. The rubber strap is comfortable and very well made.
Chapters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM   #10
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

It's a great piece. I love the chameleon nature of the green dial color. It looks black in low light but a vibrant green in sunlight. The rubber strap is also a perfect match. I purchased a 2023 on the gray market for ~2k less the retail & just added the Milanese bracelet, which looks & wears incredibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #11
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Here's another pic on the green strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #12
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Love mine. It's simply beautiful. Dare I say a little sharper looking than my Sub. Great tool watch and wears very comfortably.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5023.1.jpg (267.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5026.1.jpg (168.7 KB, 7 views)
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #13
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwill63 View Post
I think the green is a special watch. The color is muted in low light but pops in brighter light making it a stealthy colorway. Build quality is exceptional yet some still don't appreciate the older style bracelet; I have no issue with the bracelet and find it very comfortable. I would highly recommend buying it on steel bracelet and adding the rubber strap at purchase. You should also look into the mesh strap which is a total winner imho. I liked my green so much I also bought the summer blue edition which is spectacular. Good luck.....
I almost mistaken it for the black model at the AD.
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:27 AM   #14
sycopupy
"TRF" Member

That's one of the nice thing about the green, the way in changes shades in different lighting.
sycopupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 AM   #15
JP123
"TRF" Member

It’s the watch I wear more than any other. I really like the subdued olive colour more than the bright emerald some brands have gone with, and I really think it has the best dial of all the Omega divers as it just has the green and white whereas most have bits of red or orange which I can find jarring
JP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:57 AM   #16
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

For MY prefs I’d say you need a 7 inch for this one, I’ve owned like all of them and then decide it’s too large for me at 6.6. Not sure why I always fall for the trap, like a new dial is gonna make it shrink lol
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote