The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 5 July 2024, 10:26 AM   #1
911cv
"TRF" Member

New Blancpain 42mm price change?

Did Blancpain just increase the price of their newly released 42.3mm watches? I did just arrive in Mexico so not sure if I’m getting some weird Mexico based US pricing (pricing is still in USD when I view the website).

Anyone else notice a price change?
911cv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2024, 12:23 PM   #2
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Mexico pricing is super wack. I lived in monterrey for 6 months and ADs didn’t seem nearly as open to discounting.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2024, 01:38 PM   #3
Uppersouth
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SWISS
Price is unchanged on the Blancpain US site.

That would be a big mistake if they did.
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2024, 12:31 AM   #4
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Prices here in the EU appears to be the same since these watches were released in March.
Need still to see the novelties IRL.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2024, 11:03 AM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
It's the cost of mordida
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 AM   #6
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

This watch was over priced from the start.

It should be less than $10K
Laine V38 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS - Garmin Approach S62
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #7
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by njlam View Post
This watch was over priced from the start.

It should be less than $10K
I deeply but respectfully disagree with this statement. The fifty fathoms has a 5 day power reserve movement with a silicone hairspring that beats at 28800. It is finished to a very high standard, more than people appreciate because its rarely covered in marketing but I would equate the movement finishing to that of a base patek 324 caliber level. The material, at least of the 5010 42mm FF is grade 23 titanium, which is implant level medical grade titanium that can even be used inside the human body.

I do concede that at the current MSRP, it puts alot of people off, and because the Rolex Submariner exists at that price point, it will inevitably be compared to it. But in reality the fifty fathoms does not compete with it and is targeting a different buyer in many respects.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #8
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
I deeply but respectfully disagree with this statement. The fifty fathoms has a 5 day power reserve movement with a silicone hairspring that beats at 28800. It is finished to a very high standard, more than people appreciate because its rarely covered in marketing but I would equate the movement finishing to that of a base patek 324 caliber level. The material, at least of the 5010 42mm FF is grade 23 titanium, which is implant level medical grade titanium that can even be used inside the human body.

I do concede that at the current MSRP, it puts alot of people off, and because the Rolex Submariner exists at that price point, it will inevitably be compared to it. But in reality the fifty fathoms does not compete with it and is targeting a different buyer in many respects.

You can take a loupe a fifty fathoms and it will actually look good unlike a rolex. Forget about the movement which is no contest, even the things you look at everyday everyday are just better, hands and indices are polished to a much higher level and actually look brighter, cases are hand finished so no sharp edges, even the bezel is hand lumed. It's finished better than an AP ROO on the inside, we're lucky they aren't hype happy and pricing this over $20k.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #9
Notimetodie
"TRF" Member

Incredible watch. No comparison to sub in any regard anymore. Sub is great for what it is, FF is special.
Notimetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #10
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
You can take a loupe a fifty fathoms and it will actually look good unlike a rolex. Forget about the movement which is no contest, even the things you look at everyday everyday are just better, hands and indices are polished to a much higher level and actually look brighter, cases are hand finished so no sharp edges, even the bezel is hand lumed. It's finished better than an AP ROO on the inside, we're lucky they aren't hype happy and pricing this over $20k.
Yes in particular even I was pleasantly surprised at how good the movement is finished and how well regulated it is despite a 5 day power reserve. After a week of wearing, its only +1, I am probably quite lucky but its incredibly consistent and accurate as well with very little positional deviation, adjusted in 6 positions. Its not a watch for everyone for sure. People will be put off by the 14mm thickness for sure and the high entry price. Also the titanium grade 23 is fairly grey and matte which I like but may be considered dull for some as well. However I like it alot.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #11
Notimetodie
"TRF" Member

My Act 1 70th is fast by about 3s per month in flat position. If I put it on its side for the night I can make it basically 0s per month. I wish they made a GMT and perpetual calendar versions again like with the trilogy series. Saw the brushed gold on a guy in a bar the day and it looked incredible. Thinking of trading the Act 1 for the gold.
Notimetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #12
Cayenne06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Overseas DT
Back to the original question, US pricing has not changed, and availability seems to be a challenge right now.
Cayenne06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #13
911cv
"TRF" Member

-

Thanks for confirming. Their website lists 21.3k for 5010 12B30 B64B which I thought was 18.4k USD when it was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne06 View Post
Back to the original question, US pricing has not changed, and availability seems to be a challenge right now.
911cv is offline   Reply With Quote