The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old Today, 06:28 AM   #1
bbgun
2024 Pledge Member

C 1969 GMT Master

Good afternoon, experts.

I was poking around a local AD/jewelry store and came across this c. 1969 GMT Master in the consignment case.

Here's the information from the shop:
As requested, I pulled more information on the 1969 Stainless Steel Rolex GMT. The timepiece was recently serviced in June of this year, confirming bezel is original.
The service included a complete movement service, gasket and case refinishing, new acrylic oyster crystal, steel monobloc twinlock crown, steel oyster tube, pair of steel oyster springbars for case. No service was done on the bracelet as it is discontinued.

SN 1888***

The reported there service to be $1900
Asking price is $11000

these are the pics sent (I only took one of the dial when I was in the shop) and I can't seen any markings on the links. Obviously not all original given the RSC report.

This may not be the watch for me at this time, mostly looking for opinions for my own knowledge as there is so much to learn and so little time...GMT3.jpg

GMT2.jpg

GMT4.jpg

GMT1.jpg
bbgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:09 AM   #2
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
For the price with a fresh service it's not too bad from an AD but… The insert may be original but definitely not period correct. I would say the hands have also been replaced, Luminova possibly. Probably the dial too. Perhaps a Tritinova dial as the lume looks so very white and it still has the SWISS - T<25. To bad the coronet is obscured. I would assume it glows in the dark. The bracelet definitely needs a rebuild. I would like to see the sides of the watch to see the chamfers or what's left of them. That is all I got but I'm no expert. We'll wait for them to comment.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote