The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 October 2023, 07:27 PM   #1
aeterna
"TRF" Member

Omega SMP Rubber Deployant: Punch a new hole?

Hi All,

Purchased my first Omega, a "Summer Blue" SMP 300 (210.32.42.20.03.002) on a rubber strap + deployant at the boutique here in London a few months back and been loving it.

One question I have: has anyone added an additional hole to their rubber deployant strap? I find that on some days the watch is either too loose and slides down my wrist, or too tight that it's borderline painful. It feels like that "just right" setting would be between the two punches.

Never sold a watch so not concerned about resale, moreso if it will damage the thing structurally or if there's even enough room to get another hold punched in there. Also, any particular method would be nice to know.

Pic for good measure:

aeterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 08:52 PM   #2
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Omega boutique should be able to order you a short strap. You can switch short/ standard sides as needed for a better fit.
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 10:25 PM   #3
aeterna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
Omega boutique should be able to order you a short strap. You can switch short/ standard sides as needed for a better fit.
I have the short strap and I am more or less between the middle holes. Are you saying order a second strap so that the offset may be such that it's a little bit different than what I have?
Old 7 October 2023, 09:57 AM   #4
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post
I have the short strap and I am more or less between the middle holes. Are you saying order a second strap so that the offset may be such that it's a little bit different than what I have?
If you have the standard strap and the short strap, you can mix the lengths. For example I bought the short rubber strap for my titanium PO, it came on standard length, and ended up using the short at 6 o'clock and the long, with deployant, at twelve o'clock. This gave me a slightly loose fit with enough room for wrist swelling in warmer temperatures. Of course, as you said, you could punch a hole in between holes. Not sure what effect that would have on durability though.
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 07:54 PM   #5
aeterna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
If you have the standard strap and the short strap, you can mix the lengths. For example I bought the short rubber strap for my titanium PO, it came on standard length, and ended up using the short at 6 o'clock and the long, with deployant, at twelve o'clock. This gave me a slightly loose fit with enough room for wrist swelling in warmer temperatures. Of course, as you said, you could punch a hole in between holes. Not sure what effect that would have on durability though.
Ah got it. Thank you. Only have the short strap so may go the punch route rather than spending a few hundred on a new one. Suppose I can always just re-buy this one if I somehow ruin it.
Old 21 October 2023, 03:07 PM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post
Ah got it. Thank you. Only have the short strap so may go the punch route rather than spending a few hundred on a new one. Suppose I can always just re-buy this one if I somehow ruin it.

Punching a hole, if well done, should not affect the band integrity IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 08:08 PM   #7
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
When I find myself in this situation with any watch I simply wear it a tad loose.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote