The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 October 2024, 08:48 AM   #1
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

116500 and importance of white swing tag

I'm looking to possibly purchase a white dial Daytona on the grey market. I noticed many examples don't include the white swing tag and those that do seem to command a premium with respect to price.
I'll be wearing the watch, but, I also want the option to be able to sell the watch easily in the future if I need to. Any thoughts on the importance of getting a 'complete' set that includes the white tag, or, doesn't it really matter if i have this or not?
Thanks
thewolfofmiddlesex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 08:52 AM   #2
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
It’s great to have but not necessary at all. Some ADs take it.

You want the warranty card, box and all links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:00 AM   #3
Oytun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712,116500 & Rest
Don't pay more for "full set".. price is more important than the white tag, if the price is right & watch is in good condition / unworn, i wouldnt care about that white tag..
Oytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:23 AM   #4
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

I’d wait for full set. Original receipt does the same as the white swing tag provided it says m116500ln-0001 or “white dial”

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:30 AM   #5
daysky1
"TRF" Member

The White Tag and the outer sleeve along with whatever else makes up a full set is nice to have. There was a time when I was paying premium for having a fully stickered watch those don't come up much anymore it's up to you and it depends on how much the premium is. ? Being a collector of Rolex watches for me I always like to have the white tag and the outer sleeve that's got the numbers that match the watch. And another thing as far as I'm concerned when I buy a Rolex I keep it for life my collection continues to build and I enjoy it i wear every watch i have them laid out on a shelf in my safe so I can see them every time i open the safe. I suppose if you have the green superlative chronometer tag and the warranty card and the booklet or booklets i wouldn't think it would reduce the price of the watch or the value of the watch to not have the white tag i just think it would be easier to sell perhaps just a nice extra..
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:31 AM   #6
THC
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126333
Let’s not forget the bezel protector lol
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:52 AM   #7
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

not having that tag isn't gonna make it any harder to sell it if you ever decide to. greys will take it off you easily with or without it but you'll just get less money for it without the tag. obviously you're paying less now though so it makes no difference at the end of the day
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 02:56 PM   #8
Amadd
"TRF" Member

White tag only matters to special dial watches.

Colored OPs, meteorite dials, stone dial daydates.

Pretty much the watches that have huge premium for the rare dials.

Wouldn’t be to concerned about panda Daytona not having white tag.

Amadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 04:41 PM   #9
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for your input guys, really appreciated. I think from what everyone's said, I'm gonna try and get a white tag example of possible, but if the price and condition of one that doesn't have one is good, then not to get too hung up about it.

On that note, I think I've found one that looks good. It's a 2017 white dial so slightly older.
Are there any red flags that are obvious from the advert/images, eg, overpolishing etc, or does it look good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196533745...mis&media=COPY

Thanks again
Old 5 October 2024, 04:43 PM   #10
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
White tag doesn’t matter for this reference. Warranty card is a must.
Old 5 October 2024, 06:04 PM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
White tag doesn’t matter for this reference. Warranty card is a must.
Have to agree its funny today these bits of plastic seems for some to be more important than the watch bits of plastic are far easier to fake than the watch.The white tags was used by Rolex as a factory internal reference and at ADs and of no real importance, except for the sellers hoping to extract more money from buyers willing to pay extra for them.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #12
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree its funny today these bits of plastic seems for some to be more important than the watch bits of plastic are far easier to fake than the watch.The white tags was used by Rolex as a factory internal reference and at ADs and of no real importance, except for the sellers hoping to extract more money from buyers willing to pay extra for them.
So true.
Watches are now super cloned to where some dealers are fooled yet people can’t imagine how easily these tags can be fabricated.
Comical.
Old 5 October 2024, 09:51 PM   #13
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadd View Post
White tag only matters to special dial watches.

Colored OPs, meteorite dials, stone dial daydates.

Pretty much the watches that have huge premium for the rare dials.

Wouldn’t be to concerned about panda Daytona not having white tag.

This, exactly. I wouldn’t haven’t bought my wife’s Tiffany OP without the white swing tag.
Old 5 October 2024, 10:55 PM   #14
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
This, exactly. I wouldn’t haven’t bought my wife’s Tiffany OP without the white swing tag.
Makes no sense.
I bought my wife’s OP 41 Tiffany without the white tag as AD does not provide it, as well as does not provide bezel protector, or coffin.
I guess I got screwed.
The fact that it says Turquoise on my receipt is not the same.
Old 5 October 2024, 10:59 PM   #15
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
That receipt is worthless. You must return to the AD and beg them for the white tag they threw away.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 11:01 PM   #16
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
That receipt is worthless. You must return to the AD and beg them for the white tag they threw away.
Old 5 October 2024, 11:03 PM   #17
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Makes no sense.
I bought my wife’s OP 41 Tiffany without the white tag as AD does not provide it, as well as does not provide bezel protector, or coffin.
I guess I got screwed.
You got yours from AD so no worries. plus you have receipt. We all know some ADs don't give white tags or all the above. There is no problem as I'm sure you are aware.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #18
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Makes no sense.
I guess I got screwed.
Your attempt (as well as a few others) at being sly is instead showcasing ignorance.

They dial swap OP Turquoise models ALL the time, because you can buy a cheap black OP and insert a custom Tiffany dial. The warranty card shows the right model, but you can get bamboozled on the dial and it’s worth thousands less. Hence me saying I would have never bought mine without it, as I bought it grey, not from an AD.

There’s a lot of silly things posted on this forum deserving of criticism. But you’re missing the mark on this one
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #19
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your attempt (as well as a few others) at being sly is instead showcasing ignorance.

They dial swap OP Turquoise models ALL the time, because you can buy a cheap black OP and insert a custom Tiffany dial. The warranty card shows the right model, but you can get bamboozled on the dial and it’s worth thousands less. Hence me saying I would have never bought mine without it, as I bought it grey, not from an AD.

There’s a lot of silly things posted on this forum deserving of criticism. But you’re missing the mark on this one
Showcasing ignorance?
Get over yourself.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #20
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

So what’s stopping them from taking a real OP Turqouise, swapping the real dial with a custom Tiffany dial, selling the OP with the hangtag and then selling the real dial as a high value part? Then it will show the correct dial on the hangtag, and there is nothing you can do.

My personal take is that, I don’t care if my OP was originally black, if the turquoise dial in it is a real Rolex dial fitting my model. However, there are some instances where I think it makes sense to want some assurance about the original configuration - e.g. a 16610LV, but everyone’s tolerance for this is different
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 05:31 PM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

ADs are supposed to throw them away. That's how important it is. If they throw it into the box instead it's nice but not necessary. The purchase receipts issued by my AD include the dial colour. I'd call that more of a "full set" than a piece of white plastic that can be bought from eBay. With any watch you buy used, if there is a doubt there is no doubt. There are loads of Daytonas out there. You'll find the right one. All the best with it.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 06:35 PM   #22
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Card and white tag are very important because both can be authenticated with the watch, it's very difficult for counterfeiters to get all two and watch exactly right. This white tag is only important for special dials which carry premium over others and a Panda Daytona falls into this category because it carries premium over black Daytona and it's one of the most counterfeited models which includes the Hulk too. You don't need a full set because all others except the card and white tag can be sourced as original from other places. Condition of the watch, card, and white tag is the most important for special references that carry premium. Of course if you get a receipt from an AD that can be authenticated or if the AD still exists and can be called will be great and you will not need the white tag to help with authentication.
Old 5 October 2024, 06:53 PM   #23
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

That's really informative, thank you. Would you say, in that case, the white tag isn't as important on a black dial daytona that doesn't carry the premium over the white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
Card and white tag are very important because both can be authenticated with the watch, it's very difficult for counterfeiters to get all two and watch exactly right. This white tag is only important for special dials which carry premium over others and a Panda Daytona falls into this category because it carries premium over black Daytona and it's one of the most counterfeited models which includes the Hulk too. You don't need a full set because all others except the card and white tag can be sourced as original from other places. Condition of the watch, card, and white tag is the most important for special references that carry premium. Of course if you get a receipt from an AD that can be authenticated or if the AD still exists and can be called will be great and you will not need the white tag to help with authentication.
Old 5 October 2024, 07:10 PM   #24
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfofmiddlesex View Post
That's really informative, thank you. Would you say, in that case, the white tag isn't as important on a black dial daytona that doesn't carry the premium over the white?
It is important for every Rolex as part of the authentication process, but more for special dials. I would never buy a special dial without a white tag or an AD receipt I can authenticate. I will buy a black Daytona with a card and without a white tag.
Old 5 October 2024, 07:30 PM   #25
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

Thanks for clarifying. Appreciated
Old 5 October 2024, 08:15 PM   #26
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfofmiddlesex View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Appreciated
You are from the UK. I got the white tag for every Rolex I bought from the UK. They only made sure to remove stickers.
Old 5 October 2024, 08:51 PM   #27
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
It is important for every Rolex as part of the authentication process, but more for special dials. I would never buy a special dial without a white tag or an AD receipt I can authenticate. I will buy a black Daytona with a card and without a white tag.
Ask your self this why are most all old and new version white tags on ebay for most model watches.Simple answer most end up in ADs waste bin but then sold on ebay why because some are willing to pay for bits of plastic.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:04 PM   #28
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Ask your self this why are most all old and new version white tags on ebay for most model watches.Simple answer most end up in ADs waste bin but then sold on ebay why because some are willing to pay for bits of plastic.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 06:43 PM   #29
geoach
"TRF" Member

Watch: one I'm wearing
it's important for 16610lv so you don't have a franken 16610 to look like a lv.......
geoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2024, 09:23 PM   #30
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Unless you’re serious about banking upon a future windfall by buying the watch then hoarding it away in safe for a decade or so then the “full set” charade is just that. I used to think like that but have realized it’s just a waste of time. Furthermore, most ADs keep the bezel protection, hang tag and even the cosc seal.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote