The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 April 2006, 12:04 PM   #1
GMTIIPilot

Watch: Rolex GMT II
List Price LV Sub

Does anyone know the list price for an LV Sub. I thought it was $4550 like the other SS Subs, but a friend just bought one from an AD who charged $6500.
GMTIIPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Rto
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ-AP-PP-Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTIIPilot
Does anyone know the list price for an LV Sub. I thought it was $4550 like the other SS Subs, but a friend just bought one from an AD who charged $6500.
Hi Pete,

If I'm not wrong the list price is $4,875...just a little bit more than the regular Sub w/ date.

I think the AD CANNOT overcharge it...only if it belongs to some customer that just returned to the AD...

The other guys here at the forum would be ready to answer about it.
Rto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 05:49 PM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Sorry, but your friend was completely ripped off....BIG TIME!!! $4,900 tops would be a fair price for the LV - not a cent more!!!

While the Sub 16610 is available for $4,800 tops in the worst case scenario (better deals are available)....to pay $6,500 for a replacement colour (green for black) and a maxi dial with about an extra 20 dollars worth of WG surrounds....you be the judge!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!

Last edited by JJ Irani; 21 April 2006 at 06:05 PM..
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 07:15 PM   #4
RobDad

Here in the UK, the price difference used to be £300, since the last price increases the difference is only £150. Testament to the fact this is not a 'limited edition, hard to get, exclusive' watch any more.

Once you take that away, to me it's just an ugly 16610 - if they'd produced a limited number it would have been much more interesting!
RobDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 12:26 AM   #5
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDad
Here in the UK, the price difference used to be £300, since the last price increases the difference is only £150. Testament to the fact this is not a 'limited edition, hard to get, exclusive' watch any more.

Once you take that away, to me it's just an ugly 16610 - if they'd produced a limited number it would have been much more interesting!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... I love my LV (mainly because of the maxi dial, but I've also grown to love "that green").

The price difference I paid over the 16610 was £180 between list prices (£2610 for 16610 and £2790 for LV), but in reality, the 16610 was being offered at £2300, with no discount on the LV, so there was a big difference in absolute terms.

However, the two watches were lying on the AD's counter side by side and the LV smiled much more IMHO (I also had a 16610 just coming out of the RSC after a service (- it's now with my eldest son) and a 14060M on my arm, so I guess that helped make the decision)

Last edited by Islander; 22 April 2006 at 12:28 AM..
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 01:12 AM   #6
Atomic

In Canada, the diff between a 16610 and the LV is about $300. But with our insane import duties, an LV costs CDN$6,900 plus 15% tax.
Old 22 April 2006, 02:27 AM   #7
RobDad

Much as I don't 'love' the LV, as a steel sports Rolex, and as a Sub, It's still 99.9999999% perfect! - I'm just a sucker for the more traditional black, same way I like Pepsi GMT's, Explorers and the older-style TOG's and DJ's.

Hmm, maybe I should buy my brothers LV off him, go for a pepsi GMT, a white Exp II, keep my 16610 and have a real broad colour choice!
RobDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 10:13 PM   #8
GMTIIPilot

My friend bought this watch brand new from an AD in Thousand Oaks, CA. I noticed it last week when he wore it to work, and I asked where he got it. Im not sure if it would break any rules, but Ill be glad to share the name of the AD if anyone cares to know. Somehow we got on the topic cost, and he told me he paid ~ $6500. I said no way, Im on a waiting list in denver and was told more like $4500. Thanks for helping me clear this up. Also, if an AD overcharges from list, isnt that something Rolex regulates. Or do they only care about undercharging?
Old 21 April 2006, 11:30 PM   #9
Paul Newman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6241 Paul Newman
Rolex USA only cares about their ADs discounting. The prices set by Rolex are "Suggested" Retail prices. It's OK for an AD to sell above suggested retail.
Paul Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 11:47 PM   #10
mike
"TRF" Member

Man! That's a shame!!

I'm a big LV fan,but that's way over the top. To h--- with that AD.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 12:11 AM   #11
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
They seem to be hovering for the most part right around 5K on TZ.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 02:29 AM   #12
GMTIIPilot

Thanks for everyones input. I cant beleive an AD would overcharge by that much. Ive relayed this info. to my friend and he's headed abck to the AD for a talk.
Old 22 April 2006, 04:36 AM   #13
Spencer
"TRF" Member

My AD offered me a LNIB LV for $5000 (bought 3-05 worn very little, watch seems to be 98% new).

Think I'll pass for now since I'm next on the list for a BNIB LV, which after tax only comes out to $200 more. If any local L.A. guys are interested I can give you the info.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 05:45 AM   #14
GMTIIPilot

Hey Spencer, I would be interested in the LV AD info., Ill be in LA in the next couple weeks.
Old 22 April 2006, 05:56 AM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

For your further information, at Mansor's...

List price of Sub 16610 = NZ$7,695.
List price of LV 16610 = NZ$9,500.

1US$ = 1.60NZ$ (approx.)

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 22 April 2006, 07:41 AM   #16
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Spencer, I would be interested in the LV AD info., Ill be in LA in the next couple weeks.
Shoot me a PM, I'll give you their info.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 09:43 AM   #17
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

$6500? Heavy mark up, but not sure your friend can do much about it as he already bought the watch.

Did he just not know the price?

However if the AD led your friend to believe that was the retail price, then Rolex may be interested in that.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2006, 01:36 PM   #18
coolburn
"TRF" Member

hey guys..i have a question. I paid 500 over list...but i got a brand new LV sub in two weeks...would you have taken the same offer to get a brand new LV sub? thanks guys...But I def do love my lv sub...i have no regrets about the purchase.
coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2006, 04:50 PM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolburn
hey guys..i have a question. I paid 500 over list...but i got a brand new LV sub in two weeks...would you have taken the same offer to get a brand new LV sub? thanks guys...But I def do love my lv sub...i have no regrets about the purchase.
IMHO, 200 bucks over list is all it's REALLY worth. But with 500 bucks over list, you're not going to get any poorer, and seeing that you love it so much....what the heck....ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST, my friend!!

Old 2 May 2006, 02:08 AM   #20
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolburn
As long as you are happy, that is all that matters mate. You are the one that spent your hard earned cash, enjoy it.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2006, 11:22 AM   #21
Rto
"TRF" Member

$6,5K is ABUSIVE!!
Old 22 April 2006, 12:03 PM   #22
GMTIIPilot

When I told my friend the list price that I was quoted by my AD, I thought he was going to get sick. He was not happy at all. I would say that he did not know the price.
Old 22 April 2006, 12:09 PM   #23
Rto
"TRF" Member

I would go back to the AD and ask for an explanation on that....something might be wrong...Maybe this watch was a return from customer and so when it happens the AD might charge whatever he wants to...and then it's a matter of the new customer accepts the price asked or not.
Old 30 April 2006, 10:01 AM   #24
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Was thinking about this one today.

Does anyone know what the final outcome was? Did the guy get some money back or just end up overpaying?
Old 1 May 2006, 04:18 AM   #25
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K
Was thinking about this one today.

Does anyone know what the final outcome was? Did the guy get some money back or just end up overpaying?
Come now Mark, my friend....so this poor bloke doles out $6,500 for an LV and you do consider it a rip off. So what about that other poor guy (or is it a lady) who forked out over $7,500 for a TT Blue Sub? Now wasn't that a complete rip off??

Old 1 May 2006, 06:33 AM   #26
newtamparealestate
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Come now Mark, my friend....so this poor bloke doles out $6,500 for an LV and you do consider it a rip off. So what about that other poor guy (or is it a lady) who forked out over $7,500 for a TT Blue Sub? Now wasn't that a complete rip off??

Paying retail and paying over retail are 2 diff things. You post a link for these sites that are not even AD when in all your previous posts you state that you only buy from AD? Which is it?
newtamparealestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2006, 06:34 AM   #27
newtamparealestate
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II C
Quote:

That link you posted in the other thread , with the mail order rolex. Some of the prices were like 200-500 cheaper. I would rather pay the 500.00 more and get it from an AD.
newtamparealestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2006, 07:58 AM   #28
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think payinng over retail is a shame.

As for the TT sub, I agree 0% discount is harsh, but there are many out there who pay it. Why? Because IMHO Rolex is worth it!
Old 1 May 2006, 02:11 AM   #29
GMTIIPilot

I havent talked to my friend in about week, but ill call him Monday and get more info. to keep the forum up to date.
Old 1 May 2006, 02:23 AM   #30
subenvy
"TRF" Member

if i was going to get a sub lv i would just buy a ss/black sub and get a new green incert put in. cause theres about a year wait here in orlando. isnt that the only diff?? im not all knowing on the subs
subenvy is offline   Reply With Quote