The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 December 2006, 09:45 AM   #1
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
It's NOT over till the fat lady sings!!!

...and how bloody true that is!!

Went over this morning and picked up my TT BLUE YM from the AD. I'm pretty sure that that old tosser cannot make the balance payment 'cause, from what I heard, someone owes him money and he's waiting on that. Something that might NEVER happen!!

Besides, Zemina and I had a bit of a row over the fact that I was losing around 20% on the YM and then actually paying more for the Blue Sub (brand new, of course)....which didn't make any LOGICAL sense to her!!

"How can you pay MORE for a watch which in reality actually costs LESS by around $1200 (NZ)...what sense does that make?" This is what she asked me.

I guess, I'll just stick with the 2 Rollies I have now....the 16610 and the TT YM. Have to forget the TT BLUE SUB for now....not in my budget at all...and looks like it's certainly not in my destiny.

Cheers to all - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 09:48 AM   #2
C.J.
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. But, it's a beautiful watch and one you were very happy with just a short time ago. Wear it well, the TT Sub will eventually come your way
Old 9 December 2006, 09:49 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. But, it's a beautiful watch and one you were very happy with just a short time ago. Wear it well, the TT Sub will eventually come your way
Spoken like a true friend, thank you, Craig!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 9 December 2006, 09:52 AM   #4
mike
"TRF" Member

Sorry JJ, could you perhaps post it on a couple sales forums and see what happens?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 09:56 AM   #5
mrbieler
"TRF" Member

Watch: all about acrylic
Sorry the deal fell through, but for my $0.02, adjusted for inflation and the weak US Dollar, I think your blue YM is better looking then the TT sub.

Cursimus Cum Forfex

mrbieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:42 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
Sorry the deal fell through, but for my $0.02, adjusted for inflation and the weak US Dollar, I think your blue YM is better looking then the TT sub.
Thanks, Jeff!! I'd really wish I could afford BOTH!! But I guess I might just have to wait for the TT Blue Sub a little while longer.

JJ

Old 9 December 2006, 10:00 AM   #7
Lol-x
Facilitator

If the guy has paid a deposit ($1-2,000) and can't complete the contract, doesn't he forfeit that deposit to you, so you can use that to off-set the extra cost of the TT Sub?
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:39 AM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
If the guy has paid a deposit ($1-2,000) and can't complete the contract, doesn't he forfeit that deposit to you, so you can use that to off-set the extra cost of the TT Sub?
Doesn't work that way, Steve. The customer's deposit remains with the AD and goes toward any other item he may wish to buy from the AD, but he doesn't get it back.

JJ

Old 9 December 2006, 10:18 AM   #9
ezmoney46

Watch: several
JJ, Sorry to here that about the TT Blue, You know that's my favorite and I settled on the SS but I'm really enjoying it. Hopefully the TT blue will come sometime in the future.

Steve
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 10:48 AM   #10
Flyjet601
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Thats terrible JJ.......

Post your YM for sale and maybe someone will buy it.

I hope you get your TT Sub
Flyjet601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 10:55 AM   #11
mailman
TRF Moderator & SUBMARINER 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
That's a bummer JJ. Sorry to hear that. Just be patient and eventually one day the TT Blue will be back on your wrist The YM isn't any thing to be sorry to be stuck with.
Old 9 December 2006, 11:20 AM   #12
watchdrummer
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT YM TT Sub TT Da
JJ, as you know I own a relatively new blue Sub and a white YM. My AD here has a blue YM and I continue to think that it is a stunninng watch. I get more comments on my YM than my Sub. It is my 10 yr old's favorite watch by far. Enjoy it and the hell with the blue.

If you must sell the Sub --give eBay a try . I just sold my 06 steel TT Daytona there and it worked out great. But I only sold cause I had a hard time reading it.
watchdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:43 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdrummer View Post
JJ, as you know I own a relatively new blue Sub and a white YM. My AD here has a blue YM and I continue to think that it is a stunninng watch. I get more comments on my YM than my Sub. It is my 10 yr old's favorite watch by far. Enjoy it and the hell with the blue.

If you must sell the Sub --give eBay a try . I just sold my 06 steel TT Daytona there and it worked out great. But I only sold cause I had a hard time reading it.
Thanks, Terry. I think the TT YM is quite a stunner too. Zemina seems to be very happy with hers. So according to her, why can't I be with mine?

Old 9 December 2006, 11:28 AM   #14
mike
"TRF" Member

Ah!.. I just read your post in the sales corner. (Boy do I feel silly! )

I know that's a bummer JJ, but please consider the TT YM is a stunning piece.
Blue maxi-dial,polished lugs with that unique curve to them,and that little dash of red!!
I'm sure the oppertunity for a TT Sub will present itself. Till then please enjoy that beautifull watch of yours and please allow us to enjoy those fantastic pics you take!!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:41 AM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Ah!.. I just read your post in the sales corner. (Boy do I feel silly! )

I know that's a bummer JJ, but please consider the TT YM is a stunning piece.
Blue maxi-dial,polished lugs with that unique curve to them,and that little dash of red!!
I'm sure the oppertunity for a TT Sub will present itself. Till then please enjoy that beautifull watch of yours and please allow us to enjoy those fantastic pics you take!!
Agreed, Mike, the TT YM is a stunner. A bit of bling, but what the heck? Might as well hang on to it. The wifey is not too happy anyway with all this flipping and dealing, not to mention the losing of money each time a deal is done!!

Old 9 December 2006, 11:50 AM   #16
DesertDogs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
...and how bloody true that is!!

Went over this morning and picked up my TT BLUE YM from the AD. I'm pretty sure that that old tosser cannot make the balance payment 'cause, from what I heard, someone owes him money and he's waiting on that. Something that might NEVER happen!!

Cheers to all - JJ
I'm new - what is a TT Blue YM? I got the Blue Yacht-Master part, just not sure what the TT part is.
DesertDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 11:53 AM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDogs View Post
I'm new - what is a TT Blue YM? I got the Blue Yacht-Master part, just not sure what the TT part is.
TT = Two Tone, i.e. steel and gold...and this is my watch...

Old 9 December 2006, 11:56 AM   #18
DesertDogs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose Daytona
Duh!! Thanks!! Nice watch!!
DesertDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:04 PM   #19
jac67
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Hello JJ

Why are OUR wives so "logical" when it comes too our watches, BUT blinded when it comes to clothing???????

It doesn't make sense to lose so much, but when you're wearing a watch worth over $10k, I think we have all lost our sense of logic.

Patience JJ, maybe you will find a trade with no money changing hands.

Good luck.

John.
jac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:08 PM   #20
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac67 View Post
Hello JJ

Why are OUR wives so "logical" when it comes too our watches, BUT blinded when it comes to clothing???????

It doesn't make sense to lose so much, but when you're wearing a watch worth over $10k, I think we have all lost our sense of logic.

Patience JJ, maybe you will find a trade with no money changing hands.

Good luck.

John.

Thanks, John...actually I'm wearing the Blue YM even as I type this and I think I'm falling in love all over again!!

It is undoubtedly a beauty!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:10 PM   #21
madformac
"TRF" Member

JJ have you checked that Mansours haven't swapped your fake YM for a real one?
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:10 PM   #22
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Kristin would still love to have it - if you still have it come March I might be able to take it off you hands.

What about putting it up here and TZ? I'd start it at least $6,500 and see where it goes. That is a great watch and it's in awesome condition, plus just about everyone knows you.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:12 PM   #23
mrbieler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.thomas View Post
plus just about everyone knows you.
And I think that's the root of the problem...

Cursimus Cum Forfex

Old 10 December 2006, 01:52 PM   #24
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
It's not meant to be JJ, sorry that you couldn't get your TT blue sub.

However, you have best of both worlds - a sub for everyday use, and a TT YM for those night in the town with Zemina
Old 9 December 2006, 12:13 PM   #25
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Kristin would still love to have it - if you still have it come March I might be able to take it off you hands.

What about putting it up here and TZ? I'd start it at least $6,500 and see where it goes. That is a great watch and it's in awesome condition, plus just about everyone knows you.
Thanks, Ian....we'll see how it goes. I shall be wearing it only on weekends....got my trusty 16610 for daily use.

Cheers - JJ

Old 9 December 2006, 12:31 PM   #26
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks, Ian....we'll see how it goes. I shall be wearing it only on weekends....got my trusty 16610 for daily use.

Cheers - JJ
Well you better take care of it - I don't want a beat up watch!

P.S. - Do you finance?

:-)
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2006, 12:33 PM   #27
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Well you better take care of it - I don't want a beat up watch!

P.S. - Do you finance?

:-)
No finance....do not believe in it either way. If I buy something, it's gotta be FULL cash. If I can't afford it, I won't bother....as simple as that!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:15 PM   #28
mrbieler
"TRF" Member

That really is a stunning watch. The solid bezel with raised numbers just looks awesome.

Cursimus Cum Forfex

Old 9 December 2006, 12:19 PM   #29
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
That really is a stunning watch. The solid bezel with raised numbers just looks awesome.
Thanks, Jeff....here's one more just for you!!

Old 9 December 2006, 12:22 PM   #30
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I tell you what JJ. I think I actually prefer the YM blue dial to the Sub blue. Purely because it makes the markers on the Maxi dial stand out a mile! Very eye catching.
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote