The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 17 July 2011, 02:29 AM   #1
cdnwatchguy
"TRF" Member

FS: Rolex Submariner 1680 red dial meters first

Up for sale is my 1680 Submariner with the less common meters first red dial. I am the second owner, the first owner used it as a daily wearer for 40 years.

Case: Not over polished, bevelled edges of lugs are intact. Crown guards are still thick. Signs of daily wear for forty years but overall well looked after. Twinlock crown was so badly worn it could not be saved and was replaced with a new Triplock. Serial number is visible it is a 235xxxx number which is consistent to the mark III meters first dial. The 1680 stamped on the case is visible with magnification showing signs of wear from end links rubbing the case.

Bezel. Original bezel insert is very thin and faded, pearl is missing. Bezel itself shows a great deal of wear. I have sourced a NOS bezel with a good condition service insert with a tritium pearl. Both new and old are included in the sale.

Dial: The mark III dial is in fantastic condition. The paint is without corrosion or blemish and the markers are clean and a slight off white. The hands are original and the lume on them matches the markers. The date wheel shows some slight surface corrosion.

Bracelet: The bracelet is not the original folded link as it wore out over time and has been replaced. This bracelet is a heavy link Oyster 93150 with 580 end pieces. It has some stretch but not very much.

Service: This watch was completely serviced last summer by Archer Watches in Ontario Canada. The entire service was documented and photographed. A CD with PDF file covering service is included. The rotor, crown, tube, crystal were replaced with genuine Rolex parts and the old parts were returned and are included in the sale. The watch is running exceptionally well.

Asking $13,000 Canadian by wire transfer only. Please feel free to contact me by PM for further information. Will consider partial trades involving newer sports watches.

For potential buyers in the USA I can ship to you from within the States as I will be visiting at the end of July. Face to face in NYC possible after July 21 for one week.

I have extensive feedback from several years of buying and selling on several watch fora.

Thanks for looking.