The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 January 2022, 06:20 AM   #1
golden state of mind
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke GMT
Any tips to get on the official AD list and get Rolex at retail?

Do you have any tips on how to officially get on the AD list? I mean I've went into the store and let them know what I was looking for. Everything was written down but is it just a waiting game from that stand point?

Should I visit the store anytime I am at the mall? What has worked for you besides having years of building that AD relationship.

Thanks
golden state of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:21 AM   #2
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
Just be Patient and don't be a pest and it will happen.
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:20 AM   #3
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM3 View Post

This plus bring donuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:47 AM   #4
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM3 View Post
Don't count on it.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:21 AM   #5
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Money talks. BS walks
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:27 AM   #6
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
Money talks. BS walks
+1

no money no talk, even they have put you on the so called list, actually it is wish list, it means nothing as you still won't get anything unless you have spent certain amount. of course, I know there are a lot of lucky OPs who can still get their desired models even though with limited spending power.

I used to be very against grey, but the fact that I know I wont get any from the AD and or maybe I am in lack of patience, 2 years i still havent got the BLRO, 1.5 year no green sub. don't even mention blue skyD. If you have no patience, i suggest you to act fact and go grey. One year on, I had to pay nearly 8K GBP more for the skyD.

So good luck!
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:26 AM   #7
Snerks
"TRF" Member

Spend lots of money on stuff that sells under retail (hard for them to sell) or jewelry.
Snerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:35 AM   #8
CalAlumnus
"TRF" Member

If there’s other stuff you want, buy it from the AD. I also like Omega and GS, and my AD sells them as well. Jewelry, particularly the high end stuff, is even more significant.

Don’t buy stuff you don’t want just to get on a list though—no telling when you’ll get a call on that Pepsi or whatever. If all you want is Rolex, just pay market price.
CalAlumnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:37 AM   #9
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden state of mind View Post
Do you have any tips on how to officially get on the AD list? I mean I've went into the store and let them know what I was looking for. Everything was written down but is it just a waiting game from that stand point?

Should I visit the store anytime I am at the mall? What has worked for you besides having years of building that AD relationship.

Thanks
Raising your profile doesn’t mean being omnipresent or a constant fixture in the AD. These days the only means to raise their awareness of you is to spend money, often times on jewelry or other brands, then “hope” that your spend level matches a minimum threshold at that individual AD. It’s pay to play at it’s finest
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:43 AM   #10
aayates
"TRF" Member

Explain you're not a flipper or dealer, just a small collector. Show interest and wait. I had a sub in 4 months, no additional purchases, and at msrp. Never went to the AD except to pick up the watch and pay. US AD.
aayates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:43 AM   #11
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:

Thanks

You've been a member since 2015. Is that also when you went into the AD and got on the list?

If so, that list was purged the week the AD ran out of toilet paper in 2016.

May be time for another visit to the AD.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:46 AM   #12
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Bring your wife or significant other in and introduce them. Shows you’ll likely spend on her and Probably have more disposable income if you are married. Be patient and good luck.
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:50 AM   #13
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
.... Probably have more disposable income if you are married...
What?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:56 AM   #14
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
What?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Two incomes combined means more money... two people paying for rent,mortgage,utilities,other expenses,etc… means more left over for fun stuff like watches…
Old 15 January 2022, 07:04 AM   #15
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Two incomes combined means more money... two people paying for rent,mortgage,utilities,other expenses,etc… means more left over for fun stuff like watches…
Make sure you leave any kids with grandparents - Dont want the ad to assume she’s a housewife. No chance of spending more than a single sub that he can flip and profit as soon as an unexpected expense comes along
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:49 AM   #16
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
Make sure you leave any kids with grandparents - Dont want the ad to assume she’s a housewife. No chance of spending more than a single sub that he can flip and profit as soon as an unexpected expense comes along
Old 15 January 2022, 07:08 AM   #17
liuk3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Married does not necessarily equal dual income...
Old 15 January 2022, 07:46 AM   #18
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
Married does not necessarily equal dual income...
Well over 70% households in Canada are dual income, probably close to 60% of households in the US are dual income per a quick google search... still beats the heck out of 0% dual earner if you are single..

Also OP, if you are new to Rolex, it will probably show the AD that you are likely not a flipper as well as I don't think there is rash of couples going around flipping watches..
Old 15 January 2022, 07:03 AM   #19
eugenetsang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Quote:
I mean I've went into the store and let them know what I was looking for. Everything was written down...

Thanks

That's cute that they took your info down... Also with hundreds of others that did the same before you. You're not going to get that phone call if don't put in the "work". So don't waste your time if you don't plan on wasting money on frivolous purchases. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for a looooong time before they even get to your name on the "so called list".
eugenetsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:48 AM   #20
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenetsang View Post
That's cute that they took your info down... Also with hundreds of others that did the same before you. You're not going to get that phone call if don't put in the "work". So don't waste your time if you don't plan on wasting money on frivolous purchases. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for a looooong time before they even get to your name on the "so called list".
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:23 AM   #21
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

Thanks
Pop in and buy some jewellery
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 08:48 AM   #22
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Maybe specify here what you're looking for. If it's something like a Daytona or GMT II, there is practically no chance without you dropping a lot of money on other things they sell.

It's also hard for anyone to give you an answer because some places don't have waiting lists. That's just a means of getting you out the door without getting upset at them. I'm in Canada. If I didn't spend $20,000 on other things (I wanted anyways), they wouldn't have offered me a Sub, took me two months to get it from date of first purchase.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:08 AM   #23
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Here's a question I haven't seen answered before - what do you do at an AD that only sells Rolex watches?

There's no jewelry to buy or other brands to purchase to establish a history with the AD...
WilsdorfNDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 10:27 AM   #24
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
Here's a question I haven't seen answered before - what do you do at an AD that only sells Rolex watches?

There's no jewelry to buy or other brands to purchase to establish a history with the AD...
I would imagine you have to buy the "lesser" models..ie: not sub, gmt, Daytona, etc.. you'll have to buy PM and TT pieces and ladies with diamonds etc.. to get on the list for the sought after models..
Old 15 January 2022, 10:52 AM   #25
eugenetsang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Quote:

Take the L by buying watches that you can flip at a minimaL loss.. keep doing it where the AD/SA thinks you're a loyal customer and decides to speed up the process where you're close to the top of the coveted so called list.
eugenetsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 05:23 PM   #26
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You buy Cellini and or midget diamond TT/PM ladies DJ
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:12 AM   #27
gerry100
"TRF" Member

go grey or wait
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:19 AM   #28
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

Go in, buy a Tudor. Repeat a few times to make sure they know you. Buy your wife or girlfriend something. Continuing to visit the store to bother them and not spending any money there is a surefire way to not get your Rolex. If you're not prepared to spend some money there on other watches, just buy grey from a trusted seller here.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:21 AM   #29
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
There is no precise methodology here, but logic dictates that, in quite a few cases, the AD is going to favor selling the watch to whoever they make the most profit on.

This is a major contributor to why they don't put their Rolex watches in display cases.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:40 AM   #30
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP 39, GRNR, SeaQ
The AD here seems to give priority to purchase history and locals, in that order. My advice is to get on a list and then go find another watch that excites you. It's not worth the wait for that special Rolex when there are so many great watches out there. Unless you've got an inside play to win the state lottery your chances of getting a call from an AD are extremely low and an incredibly long wait.
Jerrocop is offline   Reply With Quote