The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #1
R-Star
"TRF" Member

Watch: for hungry cats
Pool of interest

In late 2018, I put my name ‘on the list’ for a Pepsi GMT. When she opened the notebook I snuck a peek and saw I was about number 5 or 6. When I would contact them, I was told ‘we get very few of those watches a year’ and during the pandemic, ‘we haven’t seen one in quite a while’. When I contacted the SA last week and indicated, I should be pretty damn close to the top of the list, I was told ‘the list’ has been converted to a ‘pool of interest’.
Meaning: I am not getting a Pepsi
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #2
davek35
"TRF" Member

I'm in the same boat. GMT isn't happening for me.

But I found it interesting that when I bought a Tudor at the local AD 1.5 months ago, they needed all my contact info. I saw, on the screen of the pc, the google image of my residence. What the heck? I thought to myself, If I'm not living in one of the over million dollar homes 3 miles from my home, and there are a lot of those, I'm not on any list for a GMT.

So it goes. I have plenty.
davek35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #3
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davek35 View Post
But I found it interesting that when I bought a Tudor at the local AD 1.5 months ago, they needed all my contact info. I saw, on the screen of the pc, the google image of my residence. What the heck?
So it goes. I have plenty.
This takes the cake for me. Beyond reasonable. Imagine a world where your residence is a qualifier for a stainless steel wrist clock. Oh, wait…
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #4
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post
This takes the cake for me. Beyond reasonable. Imagine a world where your residence is a qualifier for a stainless steel wrist clock. Oh, wait…
Sounds like the Rolex Drone is about to deliver him a payload of stainless steel Daytonas and Pepsis.
Roger Lococco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #5
OTX
"TRF" Member

Sounds like it to be honest. Those Pepsis are getting harder to come by so I’m guessing they’re more picky who they go to and are reserving them for their top spenders. Hope you get one soon.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #6
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTX View Post
Sounds like it to be honest. Those Pepsis are getting harder to come by so I’m guessing they’re more picky who they go to and are reserving them for their top spenders. Hope you get one soon.

I don’t think they save them for top spenders. It’s really about who they like. My AD sold one to a walk in, who was visiting from the UK. They don’t play the spend game. All ADs are different. You just have to find a good one, and be likable.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #7
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I don’t think they save them for top spenders. It’s really about who they like. My AD sold one to a walk in, who was visiting from the UK. They don’t play the spend game. All ADs are different. You just have to find a good one, and be likable.

Kat

Sometimes true!. I knew an AD pretty well when I was back in Texas and we were on very friendly terms. He told me that his first priority when he gets a hard to get watch is his VIP spenders. He said they keep his business running and he will go out of his way to make sure they get what they want first. After that, he said it’s up to him who he sells it to regardless of where their spot is on the list. He said he would sell to ones he liked so you are correct.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #8
rover26c
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post

Kat

This! After 41 days of waiting last summer, I was fortunate to receive a call from the boutique. No history of spending. It's possible that luck played a role
rover26c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #9
cdmorenot

Watch: = Want them all.
The BLRO is VERY difficult to get.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can ask for anything from my AD and my chances of getting it are high. Exception is BLRO and LM Daytona.

Not because they don't like me or whatever, simply because they just do not get them. They have not seen a single one come through in almost two years.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #10
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
The BLRO is VERY difficult to get.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can ask for anything from my AD and my chances of getting it are high. Exception is BLRO and LM Daytona.

Not because they don't like me or whatever, simply because they just do not get them. They have not seen a single one come through in almost two years.
That’s very hard to believe
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #11
chris007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
+1

I would add: they are lying, because that's impossible...
chris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM   #12
cdmorenot

Watch: = Want them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Coming from the AD that has gotten a Ti YM twice this year and has offered me that Ti YM twice this year ... I think I'm OK with believing them.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #13
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
unfortunately yes. how's your spending looking with this AD? unless you are a big spender, chance of you getting a pepsi is very very slim.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #14
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

This is more of a realistic posting. Not these others creating false hope for guys acting like it’s easy to get a Pepsi by just putting down your name and buying 1-2 other models/waiting a few years. Pepsi (and Daytona both) are just really really hard to get.

OP i’ve been on ‘list’ for Pepsi going on more than 3 years now and have a 6 figure spend and still haven’t gotten it. Super frustrating
dmash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #15
ganagati
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
This is more of a realistic posting. Not these others creating false hope for guys acting like it’s easy to get a Pepsi by just putting down your name and buying 1-2 other models/waiting a few years. Pepsi (and Daytona both) are just really really hard to get.

OP i’ve been on ‘list’ for Pepsi going on more than 3 years now and have a 6 figure spend and still haven’t gotten it. Super frustrating
100% depends on the AD. I have a chain here in OKC with three or four stores. My only spend was the purchase of an SD4K in 2014 or so. I spent two years on a waitlist and got the BLRO on jubilee in 2022. The AD i'd been popping in to see over the two years (0 spend) seemed almost as excited as I was.

I realize that's the exception, but there are ADs out there that still operate in that manner.
ganagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #16
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganagati View Post
100% depends on the AD. I have a chain here in OKC with three or four stores. My only spend was the purchase of an SD4K in 2014 or so. I spent two years on a waitlist and got the BLRO on jubilee in 2022. The AD i'd been popping in to see over the two years (0 spend) seemed almost as excited as I was.

I realize that's the exception, but there are ADs out there that still operate in that manner.
Assuming it's BC Clark, they've always been a very decent, old school jeweler.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #17
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I hope you do get the call at some point but I think you interpreted their explanation quite well.
It's a fantastic watch and if you don't want to wait any longer you could consider going another route to get one.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM   #18
R-Star
"TRF" Member

Watch: for hungry cats
I would consider myself a 'small fish/guppy'. I don't do jewelry, but have purchased 2 Tudors and an Explorer I from them and they have always been kind and helpful. I understand the dynamics at play, but I refuse to go grey and pay twice retail. So it is not to be. I am very fortunate and grateful, I have watch(es) to wear! No pity party here. Congratulations to the ones who can flash the Blue and Rouge! I just thought it was interesting how the process has evolved over the past 5/6 years. And thanks to everybody on here who keep it informative and interesting!
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #19
spinnaker226
"TRF" Member

who/where is your AD? just curious as i saw your location says NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
In late 2018, I put my name ‘on the list’ for a Pepsi GMT. When she opened the notebook I snuck a peek and saw I was about number 5 or 6. When I would contact them, I was told ‘we get very few of those watches a year’ and during the pandemic, ‘we haven’t seen one in quite a while’. When I contacted the SA last week and indicated, I should be pretty damn close to the top of the list, I was told ‘the list’ has been converted to a ‘pool of interest’.
Meaning: I am not getting a Pepsi
spinnaker226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM   #20
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

There might be a list, but at any time, VIPs and VVIPs jump the list straight to the top. It’s not a perfect system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM   #21
daysky1
"TRF" Member

As I understand it the authorized dealers are limited by what Rolex offers them and by how many people want a piece. i have two watches that I'm certain I'm the number one on the list to get at my authorized dealer however they haven't seen one come through and it's been a couple of years so I wait patiently and I stay in touch and I'm happy to have had made new friends that I can stop in and just visit with. occasionally.
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #22
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
I hope you land one soon
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #23
Funkle
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
If the criteria is being likeable, they would put my name in the toilet of interest.
Funkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #24
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Depends on the AD although most will take care of their VIP clients first, it’s smart business nothing wrong with that. Some rare ADs will sell to anyone if they like you and some of us are in the right place at the right time.

The pool of interest is how some of the Ads are working now and the SA’s take turns with their clients for sales, others are using a no waitlist system, first come, first serve.
The thing is you never know when the shipment is being delivered?.

Hang in there brother,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #25
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Hoping your fortunes improve and you secure a Pepsi
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #26
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
The first thing that stands out to me is that any AD saying they haven’t seen a regular production model in months or years is lying. When I got my BLRO in December of 2018 my longtime SA told me it was the 12th one they had received since their first one arrived in late May. And remember they were revealed that year so it would seem at least two a month as production ramped up.
Lists or pools of interest definitely varies amongst dealers. My AD’s policy is basically not to promise a watch they can’t be sure of within two years. The six SA’s get to put clients on the list and take turns when certain models arrive. Occasionally RolexUS will allow them to special order certain models for a period. My SA said my green OP41 in July ‘23 was available for him to order and I got it in less than a month.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #27
CH69
"TRF" Member

Some of the ADs where I am just tell u outright it is not a waitlist but a “expression of interest” and some will acknowledge spend history plays a part and some won’t. At the end of the day, never really know where u are, cos allocation is at their discretion.
CH69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #28
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Asked for BLRO in Mar 2018
Waited
Received in Nov 2018
NY
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #29
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
Asked for BLRO in Mar 2018
Waited
Received in Nov 2018
NY
I mean, we can consider anything pre-covid not relatable to present day lol
dmash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #30
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
There are no lists as we think of lists. It is not a next up situation for desirable watches at AD's. You have a chance of getting a BLRO form an AD but it is not good based on all the factors listed before and more.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote