The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 January 2020, 02:39 AM   #1
KeepTicking
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ2, BLNR, PO, Nav
01 Movement Issues

Hi all, I have a Navitimer 01 that was purchased in November 2014. The watch was for a milestone event and I did not open the box until May 2016. Within the first eight hours of wearing the watch, the chronograph broke, the red second hand would not stop and the 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock did not count elapsed time. I sent the watch to Breitling and they serviced the watch in June of 2016.

Fast forward three years, the chronograph is broke again. This time the six o'clock subdial counts at double rate (30 mins elapsed registers as one hour). The watch is three months out of warranty, I spoke to the Breitling boutique in NYC about this and they said that Breitling should fix free of charge given how close to the end of the warranty it is. Also note that I wear this watch in rotation with other watches, the total time worn on the wrist is less than a year in total since the watch was purchased.

I sent the watch to Breitling and received an email that they will service the watch at full cost of $850 to me, contrary to what the boutique staff indicated. I am very disappointed with the 01 movement at this point, I've own numerous other watches (Rolex, Omega, Tudor, JLC, other Breitlings with Valjoux movements) and I've never had a problem with a movement like this. Overall I'm quite soured by the reliability of the Breitling 01 for a watch that is rarely worn. I will send another email to Breitling's customer service, but if they don't stand behind the watch I think I'm moving on from Breitling, I can't justify spending any more money with the brand if these are the issues I can expect.

Curious if anyone else has a history of issues with the 01 movement.
KeepTicking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
01 movement , breitling , navitimer