The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 June 2020, 06:35 PM   #1
LTlhr
"TRF" Member

Double incoming(!) and my first post

Hello everyone! Long time forum reader, recently took the plunge to join, and this is my first post.

I bought my first Rolex back in September 2014 which was the 116610LV Hulk. I guess they weren't as hard to come across back then, but everyday now I realise how lucky I am to have this watch and especially as my first piece.

Over the years I've built up a good relationship with a multi-brand AD here in London and have bought an IWC, Breitling, Bremont and Panerai from them. I've had an itch for another Rolex for a while though...

So during lockdown, I got the call that the 126600 Sea-Dweller was mine and I could collect once they reopened. Aware that the Hulk is very showy and the Sea-Dweller is bulky, I was cheeky and asked if he might be able to get me an Air-King too...! Well, I went to the store yesterday and it turned out to be a double incoming day with a rather nice Rolex keying too! :-).

Absolutely delighted with both watches. The Sea-Dweller feels like a chunkier Sub. I love the red text and I know it divides opinion, but I find the magnified cyclops date very handy!

The Air-King is equally beautiful. Very different: smaller and lighter. My intention is to get a black rubber strap (NATO?) to really change the look and feel of it.

Pics below, and I look forward to hopefully adding value to the forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2238.jpeg (165.6 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2241.jpeg (115.6 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2242.jpeg (124.9 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2244.jpeg (168.6 KB, 734 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2245.jpeg (194.9 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2246.jpeg (174.1 KB, 736 views)
LTlhr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first post , incoming