The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 December 2020, 06:25 AM   #1
puppet
"TRF" Member

Incoming! Aqua Terra

Merry early Christmas to me!

I’ve been eyeing this one for a while and pulled the trigger over the weekend. After looking over my current pieces, I decided I needed something a little different. I wanted a light dial. I wanted a smooth bezel, no numbers. I wanted something versatile (strap options, dress up/down). And no blue. I have a few pieces with blue, and I love the color, but I wanted some variety. I’ve always been a big fan of the white/orange of the Explorer 2, but the watch doesn’t fit my wrist right. When Omega released this with the pop of orange, I was sold. I also really like the date at the 6 o’clock position. The symmetry works for me. The fit/finish of the watch and bracelet definitely help dress the AT up. The coloring on this particular one will probably stay a little more casual for me, but that’s ok.

As others have mentioned, the rubber strap is fantastic. I am finding that I’m between sizing holes, though. Going to wear it for a while and see how it settles in or what I like, otherwise I may just punch an ‘in between’ hole. Lol The plan is to pick up the bracelet, as well.

This is probably the most legible watch I own. Even more than the Pelagos. With the contrast of the darker indices and hands, its super easy to read at a glance. At an angle, the dial darkens a bit and almost looks like a slate color. It adds to the personality of the watch and is something I wasn’t expecting. I am also really impressed with the finishing on the case. While the lugs and bezel are polished beautifully, both sides of the case are brushed. Just a nice touch to add to the balance of the AT.

I wasn’t actually expecting to buy right now, especially before the holidays, but with all the crap this year, I’ll take a good surprise when it comes along!

Obligatory pictures, including a current shot of the full collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201213_205552637_iOS.jpg (169.3 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg 20201213_205701989_iOS.jpg (144.6 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg 20201215_153612523_iOS.jpg (181.5 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg 20201216_200243585_iOS.jpg (91.7 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg 20201216_194838235_iOS.jpg (152.8 KB, 438 views)
puppet is offline   Reply With Quote