The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 September 2006, 01:13 PM   #1
aaron850

Watch: GMT II Blk/Blk
New Guy and hopefully his new 16710

hey guys, I have been lurking for a couple days and I have mustered up enough courage to post.

I have a question, I have "purchased" a 16710 GMT II blk/blk.

It was done over the phone/internet and not with an AD (i know I know, first mistake).

When it came in the mail I researched it over and over, looking for somthing to make me think the $500 under retail I paid made it fake. I couldn't find anything besides the fact the original AD was from HK.

It was loose and my AD was closed so I took it to a watch store and a young guy (like myself) adjusted it for me and told me it was fake. I was knocked off my high horse.

He said simply because of the crown guard clearance and "it was a little too heavy" it was a really good replica. I think because the guy saw i was young (26) I couldn't afford the real thing so it had to be fake.

I will post pictures but is there something blaring please let me know, and this thing is going back to LA on the first thing smoking...

now what you have been waiting for...pictures (bad ones at that)

let me know what you guys think, also I can (try) to take better pics if there is a problem area I should be looking for.

thanks
aaron850 is offline   Reply With Quote