The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,049 69.79%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.13%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 392 26.08%
Voters: 1503. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 January 2021, 02:53 PM   #11
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
For the record, I build my own motors, tig weld my own turbo kits, intercoolers and intake manifolds, and tune my own EFI, so better luck next burn.

Though I'm not "empowered" to force you to be polite, I think most people might find it a bit annoying in the future to be scrolling through an important thread with 500 posts, 400 of which are from some curmudgeon who doesn't even own the item being discussed. I tried to be respectful and helpful towards you, but you seem to prefer to take this in a more adversarial direction.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Believe me when i say i truly appreciate your help
Don't be surprised if one day I get the hang of it when I have the time.
Others have provided much more usefull detail since your first half hearted attempt. But i suppose i have to start with something.
I may be old, but I'm not obsolete yet

I acknowledge your skills and they appear to be losely equivalent to mine as I have had some considerable experience with tuning old school stuff as well as EFI.
But the cost associated with tuning EFI stuff and this modern day tendency to stick stuff on dynos sort of leaves me cold. Then you still have to fine tune with some on the road experience to get the best out of them anyway.

Fabrication and welding of exotic materials in GTAW, GMAW and MMA(all to codified standards) and employed as a qualified Welding Supervisor all over the world.
Involved in multi million dollar projects in what are described as technology transfers(us to them).
Even did a little stint in the US of A working for a native company involved in naval projects trying to teach them how we do it.
Welding Supervisor, and all it encompasses on the floor in a very hands on capacity, doing work that some of the young ones don't have confidence tackling like fabricating and welding Jet ducts(all positional work in situ) to the exacting standards as set out by Kamewa. Whilst being overseen by the likes of Lloyd's Register, DNV, BV, ABS or our own National and State based standards.
Some if it was Ultrasonic'd with the bulk being X-ray'd if that means anything to you. Then again as the old blokes used to say "X-ray is your friend". Experience has shown this to be the case time and again, especially when one has exposure to destructive testing at the lab.

These old eyes are giving out a bit more than I would like, so I'm not up to the cut and thrust of it so much. Now that it's set out in front of me here as i thought about it. Lord I feel old now
Oh I nearly forgot. The last Superyacht I worked on from it's inception was so good it won it's class at Monarco.
Which was a bit of a career highlight
So you see my good man.
I don't come to the table operating in a vacuum.
So it looks like we can have a contest to see who can urinate
up the post the highest

With one exception though.
I imagine people have trusted me with goods and dare I say it, parts there of, that would most likely cost more than your ricey stuff and more.
But we are going off topic again

I just needed to set you straight in kind as you have done with me

Keep plugging away at all that data though
Perhaps we could have a drink down the Yacht club one day and compare notes face to face. I'd like that as we may have a lot more in common than you think young fella
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote