The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 January 2022, 09:25 AM   #23
Xerxes77
Banned

I don’t think if we have problems to pay our bills we want Rolex.
But like a TRF say I think this year we will not see but from next year that bills will affect many people and maybe the waiting list will reduce considerably. Also we need to not forget if price on grey market will come dawn maybe another % from buyers from the waiting list will disappear. Because let’s say the truth on that list are many buyers who want to earn some easy money.
Of course this come down on price will not be from day to next day. Price will come back slowly like they are growing up.
I don’t see this watches craziness keep more then one year from now but I’m not Nostradamus.
We will see but for what I observed this days on many country the recession will come and many of us will be affected.
Truly speaking let’s be honest and look back, a Daytona was selling in 2018-2019 with few thousand more then MRSP, same with Patek or AP. And now on grey market they ask double or triple MRSP price. I think it’s too much.
Also I read some articles where they talk about Organized Crime who use watches to clean money. If financial control will start to verify watch market we don’t know what they will found.
Speaking one day with a friend who are watches lover too and he have a theory who I fiund interesting. His words are”how can a drugs seller to pass the border with a million? They cannot do it. But with a Richard Mille or a Patek on hands and other watch on baggage it’s very easy”.
Just my opinion…
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote