The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 July 2022, 05:20 AM   #11
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
This vastly overstates average USA appreciation. Case Shiller’s model of same home median price sales, shows an increase of 60% from the July 2006 previous high to March of this year. If you you fortunate to purchase at the February 2012 low, your appreciation is 120%. When you calculate it on an annual IRR, it is 3.1% and 8.0% per annum, respectively.

The press loves to tell you all the success stories. My wife has been a Realtor for many years and these rates of average growth are certainly more accurate. Some areas do better, other worse.
What’s alarming are these ‘real estate will double your investment in no time!’ investment gurus on TikTok/IG now. A lot of new home buyers have absurd expectations for what their property should be worth in 10 years, because they bought in the last few and saw one of the hottest markets in I don’t know how many years. There’s most definitely a population of people who have purchased a home for 300k-$400k and 100% believe they can cash out for a million in 10 years and retire.

Don’t even get me started on what some of my coworkers and friends think their stock portfolios will look like in that same timeframe. It’s ridiculous.

Everybody has become so disillusioned, think 10% annual gain is chump change and not excellent.