The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 August 2022, 07:00 PM   #1
astndnbr
"TRF" Member

Vintage 1987 Day Date Question

Hey All

I recently purchased a BY DD from Chrono24 (first time from seller, site, and admittedly impulsive) to add to my collection. That said, post purchase and pre-receiving, I deep dived some more into the seller in LA (which online has good reviews and won’t take that away…) but somehow completely bi-passed the custom dial piece (which is on me). Always wanted a green (preferably Stella DD) but I know I’m not the only one. I’ve overlooked all the casing and bracelet and have checked out that it’s original to its year (1987 - from my unpro eye but have been collecting for 10 years - pics below) but wanted to share to the larger community for gauge and thoughts on the original refinished dial and new markers + lume (not orig). I 1000% understand the polarization of custom dials and have another dial from that year (also supplied by vendor) if I wanted to go back. Not factory per say since the one from the case is painted. Any options or anything other than internal gut workings to check on other than the obvious dial difference?

Last edited by astndnbr; 5 August 2022 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Added pic links
astndnbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
18038 , customized rolex , day date , vintage