The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 February 2023, 11:20 AM   #1
CHF
Banned

1655 advice please

Hello,

I would like some advice on a 1655. It is a MK I 3.3m 1973.

What attracts me is that it has a very clean and proper look. The reason is the seller describes it as having had a service dial, hands and bezel done by Rolex at it's last service. I have heard of dial and hand replacements but not a metal bezel. The numbers are quite sharp and legible, often these 1655 have scuffed and faded writing bezels. The dial has only SWISS indicated at the bottom, which attracts me because maintains the factory look (I believe, is this normal on service dials?) The dial has no patina. The orange 24hr hand is quite bright.

Given my description, as I can not yet post and links-pictures, has this watch lost it's vintage collector appeal? At a 26k USD ask, perhaps to consider simply because I'm partial to the clean looks, is it too high to the liking of vintage experts?

I'm not familiar with all the factors around vintage Rolex and would appreciate the views of those with more expertise. Thank you.
CHF is offline   Reply With Quote