The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 February 2023, 06:27 AM   #1
kstevens7236
"TRF" Member

correct matte dial for 16750?

Hi, I'm a long time user of the forums and have found pervious posts to be very helpful during my Rolex journey. This is my first post. I have a specific question that I have not found a answer on. I'm doing research on a 16750 matte dial Rolex I recently picked up. The watch has a 8.2 serial number. It dates to 1984. I could use some feedback on matte dials for the 16750.

I haven't seen a clear answer on how the 16750 matte dials correspond to specific serial ranges. My understanding is that there are two versions of the 16750 matte dial. A mk1 matte dial and a mk2 matte dial. However, I'm not 100% sure how they were used by Rolex. I know matte dials were on the 16750 from about 1979 to 1984. But I'm unclear on how Rolex used mk1 and mk2 dials during that time.

I will try to attach a photo of my 16750 with a 8.2 serial range. It would be helpful to know what version of the 16750 matte dial this is? It clearly has the 'A' in Master over the 'CR' in Chronometer.

I will say, that during my research, I have seen far fewer versions of the matte dial with 'A' in Master over the 'CR' in Chronometer in 16750s from 1984. I have seen far more 16750s from 1984 with the matte dial that has 'A' in Master over CH' in Chronometer.

Is the dial on my 16750 correct given it's 8.2 serial number? Any feedback is appreciated. Particularly from those who have experience with the 16750s. I know 1984 is a tricky year for the 16750 when it comes to dials.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gmt watch.jpg (250.8 KB, 229 views)
kstevens7236 is offline   Reply With Quote