The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 March 2023, 04:58 AM   #1
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Vintage Cartier Santos restoration

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my vintage Cartier Santos that I recently had restored.

This was my father’s daily, and by far the watch in my collection that evokes the most emotion from me, as my father passed away several years ago.

I have always wanted to wear it, but I was having a very difficult time finding an additional two links for the bracelet. I was always popping into various Cartier boutiques around the world, trying to find links for it. Finally found one, but the watch was still too tight.

I then decided to restore the watch, but I passed on replacing the gold bezel. The watch came back looking so good with the new bracelet and crystal that I took one look at the dingy gold lunette and decided to send it back to be replaced.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos before I sent it in. It’s tiny given todays popular trends, but I am really enjoying it. I believe most of these were quartz movement, but this one is not. (Any Cartier historians/aficionados please feel free to chime in with additional info, I can’t find too much info on these octagonal Santos.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote