The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 December 2023, 07:09 AM   #1
fozzyf18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTII,TT & SS Sub
Great AD experience in North Shore Boston

I have not visited an AD in 6 years. Quite frankly, a lot of reports that I have read about awful AD interactions on this forum in the last few years definitely negatively influenced me and kept me away. That and a few bad personal experiences in SOCAL a few years ago conditioned me to understand the reticence.

I'm in Boston for the holidays. On our way to lunch, I knew we were passing a Rolex AD and I decided that I wanted to stop in...yep, the day before Christmas Eve expecting the worst. I pre-briefed my wife walking in and told her that this visit would likely be short and disappointing. We were likely to be ignored. We persevered none-the-less.

I am pleased to state that our experience was exactly the opposite. As soon as we walked in, Devin at Long's in Peabody walked right up to us and couldn't have been nicer. The majority of their display stock was exhibition only as is now the norm unfortunately but as to be expected. That said, Devin did not hesitate to allow me to try on a DSSD JC in the display case that I always admired but thought was too big for me based on dimensions and pictures that I have seen on this forum. After trying it on, it is now on my wish list.

My wife spotted a DJ with a dial that had blue lillys and diamonds in a vertical display case that Devin was more than happy to open and let my wife try on. Turns out it is white gold which I found out after reading about it in the Rolex hard-covered catalog that I was given gratis on the way out. Beautiful piece.

I'm not posting this to incite our forum members who have had poor AD experiences. I was around many years back when you could walk into an AD and buy any reference. That was then, this is now (S.E Hinton). I'm just reporting back that I had a great experience at an AD that was quite enjoyable. I do wish the JC was available for sale because I would have pulled that trigger then and there. Happy Holidays!