The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 January 2024, 06:59 PM   #1
tapdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko
rolex if

Hi, new to this kind of thing, I have always kind of stuck to my Seikos.
Don’t know if i’m posting in the right area.
I’m trying to identify a watch that I found in my mom’s possession, my dad was a stamp and coin dealer for 50 years in BC Canada and quite often when people brought in stamp or coin collections, scrap silver, gold etc. there were peripheral items that came along with it.
He would come home and give anything that wasn’t scrap or easily traded to mom who would just squirrel it away. (whole nother story on the treasure hunts , sock drawers, fake furnace return vents, toilet tanks.
It’s an interesting looking ladies watch, I wound it and it seems to be keeping time, I acid tested and it appears to be over 14 karat, band appears to be non removable. I was told to look under where band is attached to find numbers but as far as I can tell the band is non removable at that point, maybe band can be sized a link down? The back cover has a Rolex logo and the number 62186 on it.
I was at a site called bobs watches and his search said 1938 or 1954 by 62186 number on back, but im not sure what that number means, all my gathered info says otherwise.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8969.jpeg (198.3 KB, 316 views)
tapdog is offline   Reply With Quote