The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 March 2024, 11:44 AM   #1
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

First experience with integrated rubber - Tudor Heritage Chrono

As some of the folks here may recall I recently acquired this Tudor 70330b. I am still liking the watch a lot, however it is definitely on the heavier side when worn on the bracelet. I just so happened to find someone selling an Everest rubber strap for my exact model on eBay and was able to pick it up for less than half I would’ve paid buying it new.

Having read a bit about these integrated rubber straps, I did not expect installation to go smoothly. I picked up a pair of Horofix springbar tweezers (also on eBay) so I would hopefully have better tools for the job. I was very pleased at the outset as using the tweezers I was able to remove the bracelet with absolutely zero issues whatsoever. Unfortunately the installation of the rubber strap was another matter entirely. I fought with this thing for a solid half hour before I was able to get it securely installed. Fortunately I am not on the anal side when it comes to scratches because I most definitely left some “love” marks on the lugs. Nothing too crazy, but I certainly left some souvenirs behind. However at last, success.

The fact that it was a right bastard to install aside, I am very pleased with how this has made the unique dial of my “Monte Carlo” pop even more (imho). It has also made the watch significantly lighter. Despite wearing the strap slightly loose, the watch head stays centered on my wrist and doesn’t move around much at all. I think this is how this one is going to stay from now on. Partly because I really like how it makes the watch wear, partly because I never want to have to install this thing on the watch ever again.

mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote