The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 May 2024, 06:29 PM   #1
GaryInDenver
"TRF" Member

Paid for watch at A Lange Boutique after going there in person - watch not shipped

Hello all,

This is my first expensive watch buying experience, and it has not gone well.

I visited an A Lange boutique in person to look at some watches and agreed on buying one of the them. The person at the boutique said that once I got the payment to them ($60K), they would "release the piece" and ship it to me (I live a few hours away from the boutique). They said that they would email me the tracking info once that was done.

Since my credit card limit could not handle the purchase, they emailed me instructions for wiring the money to them instead, which I did the next day.

They then sent an email indicating that they were going to ship the watch to me overnight mail the next day, but due to the holiday coming up, I was not going to be home to receive the shipment, and so instead I arranged for the them to ship it to me the next week after the holiday.

Fast forward to the day that they were supposed ship the watch to me. I didn't hear from them, so I contacted them on the phone. They then changed their tune, and instead said they were waiting for the watch to be delivered to them at the boutique and would deliver it to me once they received it. They said they were supposed to receive the watch the next day.

So now I am out $60K with no watch.

I feel stupid and feel like I messed up for blindly trusting them. I figured all of it was "above board" because the purchase was directly from an A Lange boutique.
GaryInDenver is offline   Reply With Quote