The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 June 2024, 06:21 AM   #1
zosg
2024 Pledge Member

5164a - Grey

I currently have a 5711 (blue), 116500 Daytona (white), and Batman. I have purchased all of these at MSRP but these were purchased many years ago. After speaking to a number of AD's recently, it seems basically impossible that I'd be able to get a Patek that I really want.

I've had two kids in the last few years and I want to commemorate that by getting an aquanaut. I've narrowed it down to a 5167a and 5164a (now discontinued). I tried both on and am leaning towards the 64a.

1) I told myself I'd never pay above retail for a watch. Am I crazy for considering to pay ~$70k for the 64a?
2) I know the watch has come down in value from the peak and that no one really knows where values are heading, but do you foresee this watch going much lower than ~$70k moving forward? It wouldn't be a great feeling to make an expensive purchase like this only to know that values then declined sharply.
3) Do you think the 64a fits the "collection" better than the 67a?

All input is appreciated!
zosg is offline   Reply With Quote