The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 June 2024, 03:24 AM   #1
mile2424
"TRF" Member

1 to keep, 1 to go….Daytona themed

Here’s my dilemma. Looking to fund the next piece for the collection.

Debating between my 116500 white dial or my 116509 blue dial. Both of these were bought grey. Both are amazing. Obviously we know the hype around the white ceramic and the blue dial is subtle but amazing in its own right. Part of me is leaning towards the white dial as maybe I can have a chance to get one down the road from AD of the new 12 series. Initially I’d say I do prefer the 11 series with the bold contrast but then again I haven’t seen a 12 series in the flesh. We know stainless Daytona’s are extremely hard to get, but not like they are necessarily rare.

Blue dial is obviously worth a bit more but will be taking a decent loss on that one from when I purchased. Obviously blue dial can’t be replaced later from AD, at least at the moment. Generally I do like the subdials showing on the Daytona or outlines, so the blue dial is a bit tame in that aspect but I do love a blue dial on any watch.
mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote