The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 June 2024, 04:11 PM   #1
Alexvegaslimo
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Vintage 1986 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just never worn

I’ve recently inherited a Rolex from my grandfather. I took it to a watch dealer in order to get it fitted to my wrist. However once I took it to the jeweler he authenticated it and suggest I not wear it. He said the watch was from 1986 and was amazed of the condition. He held the watch side ways to test the band strength and it was pretty much horizontal with no slack. The clasp is still tight and not lose either. My grandfather never wore watches so I’m assuming this watch just stayed in a safe for the past 38 years. The sticker is there not worn and still has the holographic and readable numbering16013 as you’d expect something to be after that much time has passed. My question is should I even wear this at this point? It’s never been worn and I’m assuming at this point it’s a collectible more so than an actual watch. I do have the paperwork that came with it but no box.
Alexvegaslimo is offline   Reply With Quote