The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 June 2024, 03:25 AM   #1
leoliang1990
"TRF" Member

Really bad experience with Bucher TimeMachine in NYC

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience with Bucherer TimeMachine in NYC, hoping it might help others. This was the worst shopping experience I ever had.

Timeline of Events:
May 4: I placed an order in-store at Bucherer TimeMachine for a $20,000 Rolex Daytona. I was told it could be delivered to my NJ address the next day.
May 8: The package was not yet delivered, and I needed to be out of the country for an extended period. I asked the sales representative to intercept the package and ship it back to proceed with the refund.
May 22: No update on the refund process.
May 25: Reached out to the sales manager for an update on the refund process.
May 28: The sales manager started an investigation process with UPS and promised a result by June 4th.
June 5: UPS concluded that the package was lost, and the claim process began.
June 5-10: No updates from Bucherer. I emailed the sales manager multiple times, called the phone number from her email signature, and contacted the retail store many times, but no one picked up. I also called Bucherer customer service, but they could only forward my request to the retail store.
June 11: UPS somehow delivered the package, but it was signed by a stranger.
June 12: The sales manager finally emailed me back but refused the refund because the package was delivered and suggested I file a police report.
June 13: UPS updated the status and sent the package back to Bucherer.
June 14: Bucherer received the package and started the refund process.

Points of Concern:
Lack of Ownership: The sales manager refused the refund because the package was received by a stranger without my approval. Fortunately, the package was eventually sent back to Bucherer. If UPS had mishandled the situation further, it should not be my responsibility to file a police report.
Missing Communication: There was a period of over 10 days with no communication from the sales manager, despite my multiple emails, calls to the number in the email signature, and calls to the retail store. This lack of responsiveness is unacceptable and has added to the overall frustration.
Delivery Delay and Initial Refund Refusal: The package failed to deliver on time. The original sales representative refused to process a refund and offered only an exchange. The refund was finally approved after I escalated to the sales manager.
Extended Process Time: The entire process has taken an unreasonable amount of time and has caused significant inconvenience while I am out of the country. The delays and lack of communication have been extremely frustrating.
Unprofessional Handling of Delivery Issues: Despite my request to return the package and UPS concluding it was lost, UPS attempted to deliver it a month later, and it was signed for by a stranger.
Product Knowledge: The original watch is dated 1990, but the dial was not from the same period, even though it is authenticated by Rolex. The sales representative had zero knowledge about the history of the watch.

Current Status:
The refund process is now in progress, but the overall handling of this situation has been far below the standards I expected from Bucherer.
I hope sharing my experience helps others who may be considering making a purchase from Bucherer TimeMachine.
leoliang1990 is offline   Reply With Quote