The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 June 2024, 02:41 PM   #1
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Has the CODE been slept on long enough by enthusiasts?

I am amazed how much the CODEs are being slept on from the enthusiast community. The watch is too complex for mainstream appeal at this time, and that's OK, it's really not for them. From an enthusiasts perspective the CODE is a masterclass in design that innovates on every front.

For almost all of horological history watch design is concerned with the planar 2D perspective of the watch. The CODE is a 4D design requiring a dynamic view of the watch from sweeping angles to really appreciate. The case is finished to an amazingly high level, especially in references that incorporate ceramic elements. The mix of finishing techniques across multiple materials and angles is just breathtaking. It's truly an inversion of the Royal Oak's design language. While the Royal Oak leads with brutal design elements that melt into elegance, the CODE takes the opposite approach leading with a simple elegant framework that unravels to aggressive industrial design.

In short the code is a chaotic symphony that requires nuance to understand and nuance takes time. I hope more enthusiasts take the time to learn and experience a CODE because it really is one great watch.

P.S. I bought my code AFTER being allocated a royal oak ;)